How do you wrap an image in Solidworks?
Check PhotoView 360 in the menu. Select the surface where you want to project the Display image. Click on the “Fit width to selection” option. (You can also change the size of the image by dragging onto the green corner points) and drag the image over the display to cover the complete surface.
What is the wrap command in Solidworks?
The SOLIDWORKS Wrap feature allows you to remove or add material to a part by projecting a sketch around a surface.
Which one is the method to create a wrap feature?
The wrap can be created using an analytical method (for planar or non-planar faces) or a spline surface method (which wraps your sketch on to any face type). Within the wrap function, you can emboss, which applies raised features to a surface. You can also deboss, which indents features.
What is wrap feature?
About the Wrap Feature. Use the Wrap tool to drop a sketch onto geometry and then wrap the sketch around geometry to create a formed datum curve. You can then use the formed curve to create items such as labels or screw threads. The formed datum curve preserves the length of the original sketch when possible.
How do I project an image in SolidWorks?
Inserting Sketch Pictures
- In an open sketch, click Sketch Picture. (Sketch toolbar) or click Tools > Sketch Tools > Sketch Picture.
- In the dialog box, browse to the picture file and click Open. The picture is inserted.
- Set the properties on the first page of the Sketch Picture PropertyManager as necessary. …
- Click .
How do you make a decal in SolidWorks?
To create decals:
- In the Palette, on the Appearances tab, do one of the following: Click Add (Palette toolbar) and click New Decal. …
- In the dialog box, browse to an image file to use as a decal and click Open. …
- Drag the decal from the tree and drop it onto geometry in the viewport.
What is pull direction in wrap SolidWorks?
For a line or linear edge, the pull direction is the direction of the selected entity. For a plane, the pull direction is normal to the plane. Pull direction – Plane A. Pull direction – Plane B. To wrap the sketch normal to the sketch plane, leave Pull Direction blank.
How do you insert a line break in Solidworks?
To create a projection split line:
- Click Split Line. (Curves toolbar) or Insert > Curve > Split Line.
- In the PropertyManager, under Type of Split, select Projection.
- Under Selections, click: A sketch for Sketch to Project. . You can select multiple contours from the same sketch to split. …
- Click . Before. After.
How do you use the circular pattern feature in Solidworks?
Use circular patterns to create multiple instances of one or more features that you can space uniformly around an axis.
To create a circular pattern:
- Create one or more features to replicate.
- Click Circular Pattern (Features toolbar) or Insert > Pattern/Mirror > Circular Pattern.
- Set the PropertyManager options.
- Click .
How do you extrude a curved surface in SolidWorks?
To extrude a surface:
- Sketch the profile of the surface.
- Click Extruded Surface (Surfaces toolbar) or Insert > Surface > Extrude.
- Set the PropertyManager options. Extruded surface using Mid Plane from sketched spline.
- Click OK . Resulting extruded surface.