How do I change thickness in Solidworks?
To set line thickness:
- In a drawing, click Tools > Options > Document Properties > Line Thickness.
- In the dialog box, under Line thickness print settings, enter a value for the line weights (Thin, Normal, Thick, and five additional line thickness settings). …
- Click OK.
How do I fill a surface in Solidworks?
To create a filled surface, click Filled Surface on the Surfaces toolbar, or click Insert > Surface > Fill, set the PropertyManager options, and click OK .
How do you make a part thinner in Solidworks?
To scale a solid or surface model: In a part document, click Scale (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Scale .
How do you use the knit surface in Solidworks?
To knit surfaces:
- Click Knit Surface on the Surfaces toolbar, or click Insert > Surface > Knit. Create adjacent, non-intersecting surfaces.
- In the PropertyManager, under Selections: …
- Select Gap Control to view edge pairs that might introduce gap problems, and to view or edit the knitting tolerance or gap range. …
- Click OK .
Where is the thickness on Solidworks?
You can find the Thickness Analysis tool in the Evaluate tab of your Command Manager or in the Tools dropdown at the top right. Thickness Analysis is part of the SOLIDWORKS Utilities add-in, which contains a suite of tools used to evaluate solid geometry.
How do you fix gaps in Solidworks?
To repair a model:
- Click Attempt to Heal All.
- If faults remain, repair faulty faces first. Right-click a face in the list and select from the menu.
- Repair gaps last. Right-click a gap in the list and select from the menu.
- When all repairs are complete, click .
How do you fill a hollow surface in Solidworks?
To convert a boundary surface into a solid, click Insert > Surface > Boundary Surface, and in Options and Preview, click Create solid. To convert a trim-surface feature into a solid, click Insert > Surface > Trim Surface and in Surface Split Options, click Create solid.
How do I change solid to surface in Solidworks?
To access this functionality, in the FeatureManager design tree, right-click the part name and click Convert to Bodies.
Converting Features to Bodies and Surfaces
- Under File Name, change the name to Housing2. SLDPRT.
- Select Save as.
- Select Preserve reference geometry and sketches.
- Click OK.
How do you thicken a lofted surface in Solidworks?
To thicken a surface:
- Click Thicken on the Features toolbar, or click Insert > Boss/Base > Thicken.
- Under Thicken Parameters, do the following: In the graphics area, select a Surface to Thicken . Examine the preview, and select the side of the surface you want to thicken, as shown below. …
- Click OK . Original surface.
How do you change the size of a part in Solidworks?
To change a dimension: Double-click a dimension. The Modify dialog box appears. Change the dimension value with the arrows, thumbwheel, mouse wheel, or by typing in the dimension box.
What does thin feature do in Solidworks?
The thin feature allows you to cut in one direction, from the midplane, or in two separate directions. Cutting in one direction allows you to cut to either side of the sketch at a determined distance. Cutting from the midplane will allow the cut to be spaced equally on both sides of the sketch.
How do I heal Edges in Solidworks?
To heal edges:
- Click Heal Edges (Features toolbar) or Insert > Face > Heal Edges.
- In the PropertyManager, under Faces: Select the faces whose edges you want to heal for Face(s) to Heal . …
- Click Heal Edges. …
- Click .
How do you use boundary surfaces in Solidworks?
To create a boundary surface feature, click Boundary Surface (Surface toolbar) or Insert > Surface > Boundary Surface, set the PropertyManager options, then click . Curve callouts colors match those used in the PropertyManager. Click callouts to change the Tangent Type.
Where is the surfaces toolbar in Solidworks?
To display SOLIDWORKS toolbars: Right-click in the window border and select or clear a toolbar name. Click Tools > Customize. On the Toolbars tab, select the toolbars to display.