How do I lock a dimension in Solidworks?
To lock a dimension:
- In an open sketch, click Smart Dimension (Dimensions/Relations toolbar) or Tools, Dimensions, Smart.
- Click the items to dimension.
- Move the pointer until the preview indicates the dimension type you want.
- Right-click to lock the dimension type.
How do you fix a dangling dimension in Solidworks?
To set the color for dangling dimensions, click Tools > Options > System Options > Colors . Select Dimensions, Dangling in Color scheme settings. Click Edit, select a color, then click OK. Drag the dangling handle and reattach it to the correct sketch entity.
How do you turn off driven dimension in Solidworks?
Use the right-click menu Driven option to toggle between dimension driven and dimension driving.
How do you stop snapping from dimension in Solidworks?
Drag a dimension and “snap” it to the text of another dimension, as indicated by the dotted inferencing line. Drag a note and “snap” it to dimension text, as indicated by the dotted inferencing line. To temporarily turn off snapping, hold the Alt key.
How do I get rid of dangling dimensions?
To do this, follow the steps below:
- Open the master drawing in SOLIDWORKS. …
- From the SOLIDWORKS Menu select Tools>Options.
- Select the Document Properties tab.
- Select Detailing from the categories on the left.
- Locate the Hide dangling dimensions and annotations option and check the box next to it.
Why are my dimensions yellow in Solidworks?
I have some drawing dimensions yellow? These particular dimensions are from a hole wizard feature. It’s fully defined in the part file. Use your SOLIDWORKS ID or 3DEXPERIENCE ID to log in.
How do I show hidden dimensions in Solidworks?
Hiding or Showing Annotations
on the Annotation toolbar, or click View > Hide/Show > Annotations . All annotations are displayed; hidden annotations are in gray. Click the annotations that you want to show or hide.
How do I change driven dimension in Solidworks?
Inserting Driven Dimensions
- Click a sketch tool.
- In the graphics area, right-click and click Sketch Numeric Input .
- In the graphics area, right-click and click Sketch Dimension Driven .
- In the graphics area, right-click and click Add Dimension .
- Sketch an entity.
How do I delete a smart dimension in Solidworks?
To remove a dimension from a drawing: Select a dimension and press Delete. Be careful not to delete any dimension that has a reference, such as one used in a note.
How do I clean up a dimension in Solidworks?
Clean up your SOLIDWORKS Drawings with the Auto Arrange Dimensions Tool
- By selecting the tool from the Align Toolbar (enabled by right-clicking the CommandManager and selecting Align from the Toolbar drop-down menu).
- Through Tools > Align.
What is quick snaps solidworks?
Quick Snaps are instantaneous, single operation Sketch Snaps. Sketching any sketch entity (such as a line) from start to finish is a single operation. Selecting a particular Quick Snaps filters out other Sketch Snaps, enabling you to focus on a particular capability.
How do you move dimensions in Solidworks drawings?
To move or copy dimensions from one view to another view: Hold the Shift key (to move) or the Ctrl key (to copy) as you drag the dimensions into another view.