How do I add a model in SolidWorks?
Inserting Model Items
- Click Model Items. (Annotation toolbar), or click Insert > Model Items. …
- Set options in the Model Items PropertyManager. Dimensions are inserted for unabsorbed model sketches only if the sketch is visible in the drawing. …
- Click .
How do I add a component in SolidWorks?
To add bodies together:
- Click Combine. (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Combine.
- In the PropertyManager, under Operation Type, select Add.
- For Bodies to Combine, select the bodies to combine. You can select bodies in the graphics area or the Solid Bodies. …
- Click Show Preview to preview the feature.
- Click .
How do you make a derived part in SolidWorks?
To create a derived part from an assembly component:
- In an assembly document, select a component.
- Click File > Derive Component Part. …
- Under Transfer, select any combination of items from the seed component to be included in the derived part.
How do you move an inserted part in SolidWorks?
To move, copy, rotate, or mate a solid or surface body:
- Click Move/Copy Bodies (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Move/Copy . …
- Click Translate/Rotate or Constraints at the bottom of the PropertyManager (if necessary) to switch to the page you want.
- Set options in the PropertyManager.
How do you copy a body in Solidworks?
Click Move/Copy Bodies (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Move/Copy. Specify parameters to move, copy, or rotate bodies. Apply mates between bodies. Click Translate/Rotate or Constraints at the bottom of the PropertyManager (if necessary) to switch to the page you want.
How do you make a multi body in Solidworks?
Saving an Assembly as a Multibody Part
- Open an assembly document.
- Click File > Save As. The Save As dialog box appears.
- Set the Save as type to Part (*. prt, *. …
- Select one of the following: Exterior Faces to save the exterior faces as Surface Bodies . …
- Select or clear the following: …
- Click Save.
How do I add parts to an assembly in Solidworks?
To create a part within an assembly: Click New Part (Assembly toolbar) or Insert > Component > New Part. For externally saved parts, type a name for the new part in the Save As dialog box and click Save.
How do you make a body pattern in Solidworks?
Some bodies and a single direction selected. To create a pattern of patterns: Click a pattern tool (Features toolbar) or Insert > Pattern/Mirror and select a pattern tool (linear, circular, or curve driven pattern). You can also use a pattern you created using X-Y coordinates (table pattern) or sketch points.
How do you change a derived part in SolidWorks?
To edit the original part from which another part is derived:
- Right-click the derived part, and select Edit In Context. If the part was derived using an insert part or a mirror part, the original part document is opened. …
- Change the original part as needed.
How do you make a derived sketch in SolidWorks?
Deriving Sketches in Parts
- Select the sketch from which you want to derive a new sketch.
- Hold the Ctrl key and click the face on which you want to place the new sketch.
- Click Insert > Derived Sketch. …
- Position the derived sketch by dragging and dimensioning it to the selected face. …
- Exit the sketch.
How do you mirror a part in SolidWorks?
To create a mirrored, derived part:
- In an open part document, click a model face or plane about which to mirror the part.
- Click Insert > Mirror Part. …
- Under Transfer, select any combination of items from the source part to be included in the opposite-hand version.
How do you copy and paste parts in Solidworks?
To copy and paste a sketch:
- Select the closed sketch in the FeatureManager design tree.
- Click Edit > Copy or press Ctrl+C.
- Click in the sketch or document where you want to paste the center of the sketch.
- Click Edit > Paste or press Ctrl+V.