How do you draw a part in assembly in Solidworks?
Creating a Part in an Assembly
- Click New Part (Assembly toolbar) or Insert > Component > New Part.
- Enter a name for the new part in the Save As dialog box and click Save.
- Select a plane or planar face (while the pointer is ). …
- Construct the part features, using the same techniques you use to build a part on its own.
What are the 6 types of assembly drawings?
- General assembly drawings, showing an overall assembly.
- Outline assembly drawings, showing the exterior shape.
- Diagrammatic assembly drawings, representing the assembly with the use of symbols.
- Unit assembly or sub-assembly drawings, showing in more detail a part of the overall assembly.
How do I create a template in Solidworks?
To create a template:
- Click New (Standard toolbar) or File > New.
- Double-click the type of template that you want to create: Part, Assembly, or Drawing.
- Click Options. …
- On the Document Properties tab, select options to customize your new document template, then click OK. …
- Click File > Save As.
What is installation assembly drawing?
An Installation Drawing provides information for properly positioning and installing items relative to their supporting structure and adjacent items, as applicable. Information may include; Dimensional Data, Hardware Descriptions, and General Configuration information for the installation site.
What is General Assembly drawing?
What is a General Assembly Drawing? A general assembly drawing of a product or a structure includes a list of the parts or components, the general arrangement of the components, how the parts fit together, and the dimensions of the components.
What is layout in Solidworks assembly?
You can design an assembly from the top-down using layout sketches. You can construct one or more sketches showing where each assembly component belongs. Then, you can create and modify the design before you create any parts.
Do assembly drawings have dimensions?
Generally, the only dimensions shown on assembly and subassembly drawings are those needed to assemble the parts, standard components, and subassemblies. Thus, dimensions needed solely to fabricate a part should not be shown on assembly or subassembly drawings.
What is the most common type of assembly drawing?
Terms in this set (7)
- Design assembly drawings. Show relationships between components. …
- General assembly drawing. Most common type of assembly drawing. …
- Detail assembly drawing. …
- Erection assembly drawing. …
- Subassembly drawing. …
- Pictorial assembly drawing. …
- Exploded pictorial assembly.
How do I create a drawing sheet in SolidWorks?
SOLIDWORKS Drawing Templates
- File > Open and change your file type option to Template. …
- Change the drawing sheet size if necessary.
- Change the sheet format to the desired sheet format file.
- Change any options needed within the Document Properties.
How do you create a drawing sheet in SolidWorks?
Adding a Sheet
You can add new sheets to existing drawing documents. To add a sheet: Click Insert > Sheet. You can also right-click any sheet tab or any sheet icon in the FeatureManager design tree, and select Add Sheet.