Are powerpoints 508 compliant?
3.2 Slide Tools
Use the Slide features (“tools”) on PowerPoint’s Home tab to create Section 508 compliant content.
How do I make a document 508 compliant?
How to make PDFs 508 Compliant
- Structure the original source code properly. For example, suppose you are using Microsoft Word to create the document. …
- Use a PDF writer or PDF converter that supports ISO standards and web accessibility. …
- Run an Accessibility Check. …
- Document the properties. …
- Provide an alternative version.
How can I make my presentation accessible?
Preparing Slides and Projected Material (speakers)
- Make text and important visuals big enough to be read even from the back of the room. …
- Use an easy-to-read font face. …
- Use sufficient contrast between colors (“luminance contrast”) …
- Consider how to use motion or animations. …
- Make provided material accessible.
How do I make SmartArt accessible?
Add alt text to shapes or SmartArt graphics
Do one of the following: Right-click an shape or SmartArt graphic and select Edit Alt Text. Tip: You have to right-click somewhere inside the frame that surrounds the entire shape or SmartArt graphic, not inside one of its parts.
Where is the accessibility checker in PowerPoint?
In Word, PowerPoint and Excel, the Accessibility Checker can be accessed as follows: Open the File tab. Click Info in the left menu. Click the button Check for Issues (next to Inspect Document) and select Check Accessibility in the drop down menu.
Where is accessibility on PowerPoint?
To access the Accessibility Checker in Microsoft PowerPoint 2010: In the File tab, click on Info, Check for Issues, and then Check Accessibility.
How do I make my PDF accessible?
Make PDFs accessible (Acrobat Pro)
- Choose Tools > Action Wizard. The Action Wizard toolset is displayed in the secondary toolbar. …
- From the Actions List, click Make Accessible. …
- Select the files that you want to apply the Make Accessible action to. …
- Click Start.
- Follow the prompts to complete the Make Accessible action.
How do I know if my document is 508 compliant?
Select a page range if you prefer to do a full check on individual sections of a document. Select an accessibility standard (Adobe PDF, Section 508 (U.S.), or W3C ) from the Name menu, and then select the accessibility options to check for. Click Start Checking.
How do I know if my Word document is 508 compliance?
The Accessibility Checker can be accessed at DAU with your Word document open, click File from the ribbon, click Info from the drop down menu on the left. Under Inspect Document click the drop down arrow Check for Issues then choose Check Accessibility.
How will you assist a disabled person during presentation?
If possible, sit in a chair when speaking to someone in a wheelchair. In a presentation environment, this courtesy probably isn’t possible, but if the person remains behind to speak to you, pull up a chair. This advice is similar for service dogs. Don’t talk to them; don’t pet them.
Are Google slides accessible?
Slide Layouts – Google Slides contains a series of highly-accessible slide layouts and users are encouraged to use these layouts to ensure their presentation has the correct structure for ADA Compliance.
Does PowerPoint have a screen reader?
Use PowerPoint with your keyboard and VoiceOver, the built-in macOS screen reader, to deliver your presentation to the audience using the Slide Show view or Presenter View. In the Slide Show view, your presentation is shown on your computer screen the same way your audience sees it.