How do you type Greek letters in PowerPoint?
To insert Greek letters, simply type the “corresponding” Roman letter (e.g., “a” for alpha, “t” for tau, “q” for theta), and then change its font to Symbol. Same for “sum” and “product” symbols: simply use capital sigma and capital pi.
How do I insert special characters in PowerPoint?
Adding Special Characters
- Click in a text box and position your cursor where you want to insert the special character. Select Insert> Text> Symbol. …
- From the Font drop-down menu, choose a font. …
- From the Subset drop-down menu, choose the type of symbol you are interested in. …
- PowerPoint inserts the selected symbol.
How do you type the Beta symbol in Word?
3. Creating your own keyboard shortcuts for Greek symbols
- Click the Insert tab in the Ribbon.
- In the Symbols group, click Symbol. …
- Click More Symbols. …
- If necessary, click the Symbols tab.
- Select Symbol from the Font drop-down menu.
- Click the symbol or letter you want to use.
- Click Shortcut.
Why doesn’t my PowerPoint have icons?
Note: If you don’t see an Icons icon on the Insert tab of the Ribbon, or you’re unable to ungroup/edit the icons, check your PowerPoint version (it’s possible that your version is older than mine). To check your PowerPoint version, click the File tab and then choose Account. Click the About PowerPoint button.
What are symbols PowerPoint?
PowerPoint Presentation. A symbol is often an ordinary object, event, person, or animal to which we have attached meaning and significance.
What are the steps in inserting symbols?
Inserting Special Characters
- Place the insertion point where the special character will be inserted.
- From the Insert command tab, in the Symbols group, click SYMBOL » select More Symbols… …
- Select the Special Characters tab.
- From the Character scroll box, select the desired character.
- Click INSERT.