Where are PowerPoint temporary files stored?
Finding the Temporary Files
This can be either in the windows temp directory, in “C: Documents and Settings<username>Application DataMicrosoft”. If the file is stored on a network drive then it will be temporarily created there.
How do I recover a temporary PowerPoint file?
Just click a file to open it. To find your unsaved work after the Document Recovery window closes, click the File tab, then select Open. At the bottom of your Recent Presentations, click Recover Unsaved Presentations to find your unsaved files.
How do I find AutoRecover in PowerPoint?
- On the PowerPoint menu, click Preferences.
- Click Save. , select the AutoSave or AutoRecover info every check box, and then enter how frequently you want PowerPoint to save presentations.
How do I open a TMP file in PowerPoint?
retrieve pptx file from last saved tmp file
- Click Start, point to Search, and then click For Files or Folders.
- In the Search Results dialog box, type ppt(x)*. …
- If a file that matches the search criteria is found, right-click the file, and then click Rename. …
- Double-click the file that you renamed to open it in PowerPoint.
What happens if you accidentally clicked don’t save?
Click the File menu. On the File menu, click Info. On the Info page, click “Manage Document” and then, from the drop-down menu, choose “Recover Unsaved Documents.” Note also that you have an option for deleting all unsaved documents should you want to do that.
Does PowerPoint save backup files?
PowerPoint Auto save feature is enabled as default and will save every 10 minutes. It will prompt you for a file name the first time the auto save runs.
How do you recover files that didn’t save?
Recovering Unsaved Word Documents
- In MS Word, click the File Tab in the upper left.
- Click Manage Document and select Recover Unsaved Documents from the drop-down list.
- Check for your missing file in the dialog box. …
- Open the recovered Word document and click the Save As button in the top banner.
How do I recover an unsaved PowerPoint 2010 document?
In PowerPoint 2010, just go to File > Recent and at the very bottom right you’ll see a link for “Recover Unsaved Presentations”, which will take you to a folder with PowerPoint files that were never saved when the files were closed.