What is a SmartArt diagram on PowerPoint?
SmartArt is a tool in PowerPoint that allows you to create complicated charts and diagrams with a minimum amount of effort. SmartArt is “smart” in that is automatically adjusts for size as you work on the layout.
How do you insert a SmartArt in PowerPoint?
Click the SmartArt graphic that you want to add another shape to. Control-click the existing shape that is located closest to where you want to add the new shape. On the shortcut menu, point at Add Shape, and then select the insertion option you want: To insert a shape after the selected shape, click Add Shape After.
When should you use SmartArt?
Use a SmartArt graphic if you want to do any of the following:
- Create an organization chart.
- Show hierarchy, such as a decision tree.
- Illustrate steps or stages in a process or workflow.
- Show the flow of a process, procedure, or other event.
- List information.
- Show cyclical or repetitive information.
What is the use of word art?
You can use WordArt to add special text effects to your document. For example, you can stretch a title, skew text, make text fit a preset shape, or apply a gradient fill. This WordArt becomes an object that you can move or position in your document to add decoration or emphasis.
What are the features of Smart Art?
This goal translates into the following features of SmartArt Graphics:
- Layout templates.
- A Text pane for entering information.
- Automatic sizing and positioning of shapes and text.
- Seamless switching between layouts.