Why is my PPT so big?
Some of the most common reasons for PowerPoint file size to increase are using multiple images, using large images, or embedding elements such as fonts, video or audio directly in the presentation file. An easy way to reduce the file size is to use special compression programs designed for PowerPoint files.
How do I reduce the size of a PowerPoint in Windows 10?
Reduce the file size of your PowerPoint presentations
- Select a picture in your document. The Picture Format tab appears.
- On the Picture Format tab, in the Adjust group, select Compress Pictures.
- Under Compression options, do any of the following:
How do you resize a PowerPoint?
Method 1: Compress PowerPoint presentations using in-built tools
- Select a picture on any slide and go to the Picture Tools Format tab on the ribbon.
- Choose Compress Pictures in the top left corner: the pop-up box shows you the resolution options you have for the image.
How do you resize objects in PowerPoint?
- Select the object to be scaled. …
- From the Format menu, select the option according to the object selected. …
- Select the Size tab.
- Under Scale, in the Height and Width text boxes, type the desired percentage of scaling.
Why is my PowerPoint PDF so large?
Why is the PDF bigger than the PPT? PowerPoint and PDFs don’t always play well together. The most popular reason is the image & video sizes you’ve added to your presentation.
How do I reduce the size of a PPT in 2019?
Method 5: Compress PowerPoint presentations as a ZIP file
- Open the File Explorer and navigate to the location of your saved presentation.
- Right-click on the presentation file and hover over the Send to option.
- Choose the Compressed (zipped) folder option.
- Wait for Windows to finish compressing your file.
How do I email a PowerPoint that is too large?
If converting a PPT file to another format is not what you want, but the presentation is too big to email as an attachment, you can always compress it into a . zip file before sending it.
How do I send a PowerPoint presentation via email?
Click File > Save & Send. Under Save & Send, click Send Using E-mail. Click Send as Attachment to attach your presentation to an email message. Click Send a Link to create an email message that contains a link to your presentation.