How do I open a PowerPoint that won’t open?
Part 3: How To Fix PowerPoint Not Opening
- Unblock the Corrupt PowerPoint File. …
- Disable Protected View in PPT. …
- Start PowerPoint in Safe Mode. …
- Check the Status of PowerPoint-check if the PowerPoint has been in use. …
- Open PowerPoint with Stellar PPT Repair.
How do I recover an unsaved PowerPoint?
Solution 1. With “Recover Unsaved Presentations”
- Open the PowerPoint on your PC.
- Click on the File tab in the upper left corner > Choose Open > In the “Recent” section, click Recover Unsaved Presentations in the bottom right corner.
- The Saved Drafts folder will open.
Why PPT file is not opening?
PowerPoint has encountered errors and can’t open this file. Try opening another copy of the file. … If you opened the file from a disk, try to open another copy of the file on a new disk. The problem may be a file-format issue, or it may be a file-corruption issue that requires repair.
How do I repair a PowerPoint presentation?
Right-click the hard disk drive that contains the damaged presentation. Select Properties, and then select the Tools tab. In Error-checking, select Check Now. Select to select the Automatically fix file system errors check box.
What happens if you accidentally clicked don’t save?
Click the File menu. On the File menu, click Info. On the Info page, click “Manage Document” and then, from the drop-down menu, choose “Recover Unsaved Documents.” Note also that you have an option for deleting all unsaved documents should you want to do that.
How do I retrieve a document that was not saved?
The good news is, this problem is so common that Microsoft has made it easy to recover unsaved Word documents:
- In MS Word, click the File Tab in the upper left.
- Click Manage Document and select Recover Unsaved Documents from the drop-down list.
- Check for your missing file in the dialog box.
How do I open a PPT file?
Click the File tab. Click Open. To only see files saved in OpenDocument format, in the File of type list, click OpenDocument Presentation. Click the file you want to open, and then click Open.
How do I open a PPTX file?
A PPTX file is a Microsoft PowerPoint Open XML Presentation file. Open one with PowerPoint Viewer or PowerPoint, Google Slides, or another Office alternative. Convert to PDF, ODP, and others with those same programs or use a converter like Zamzar.