How do I open an older version of Keynote?
To revert the current presentation to an older version, click File→Revert to Saved. Keynote gives you the option of reverting to the last saved version, or you can click Older Version to browse multiple versions of the presentation and choose one of those to revert to.
Why is Keynote not opening on Mac?
If you can’t open a Keynote presentation, make sure that you have the latest version of Keynote from the Mac App Store. If a presentation is dimmed and can’t be selected, it means the presentation can’t be opened by Keynote. You can open and edit Microsoft PowerPoint presentations (files with a . pptx or .
How do I open a Keynote File on a Mac?
Open a file in Keynote for Mac
From the Finder, Control-click the file, then choose Open With > Keynote. If Keynote is the only presentation app on your Mac, you can just double-click the file. From the Keynote for Mac app, choose File > Open, select the file, then click Open.
Why is Keynote not opening?
Your computer may be trying to use the wrong program to open the KEYNOTE file, or it may not have a program installed that can open the file. There are a few different programs you can use to open KEYNOTE files, including iWork Keynote File. Try downloading one or more of these from the manufacturer’s website.
How do I download an older version of an app on Mac?
The bottom line: Download the software you need on another, newer device. Then try it on you older device…and the App store will prompt you to accept the latest, compatible version. This saved me!
How do I fix Keynote on my Mac?
2. Fixing keynote macOS 10.14 Errors Caused by Syncing Errors
- Quit Keynote completely by pressing Command + Q on the open window of the app.
- Open the problematic Keynote file from iCloud on another Mac device, make a small change on it like adding a word, and then allow for the changes to be synced on iCloud.
What to do if keynote keeps crashing?
If the keynote file crashes due to an embedded video just:
- Rename the keynote file (. …
- Double-click the . …
- Move the . …
- Open the folder and delete the video files (alternatively, move them out of that directory, you might try to convert them or embed them again later)
- Compress the folder (right-click, compress …)
How do I reinstall Keynote on my Mac?
How to Reinstall Apps from the Mac App Store
- Open the App Store application. (It’s on the Dock, or in the Applications folder.)
- Hold down the Option key and click Purchases.
- An Install button appears next to the missing application, as shown below.
- Click Install.
How do I open a .key file on a Mac without Keynote?
If you’re having difficulties or want to try on an older version of Mac OS X, try forcing Preview to open the file by holding down the command+option keys while dragging the . key document onto the Preview apps icon the Dock.
How do I open a PPTX file on a Mac without Keynote?
The Preview app in Mac OS X can open all PowerPoint files, just as it would a PDF file. However, you can’t make changes to the file. This is a quick option if you just want to see the slides or print them. To see the slides, scroll down.
How do I convert a Keynote presentation to PowerPoint on a Mac?
How to convert Keynote to PowerPoint
- Launch Keynote and open your presentation.
- To convert to PowerPoint, click File in the app’s top menu bar.
- Select Export To then PowerPoint.
- Click Next.
- Edit the name of your file in the Save As section, if needed.
- Choose where to save your file in the Where section.
- Click Export.