How do you convert to shapes in PowerPoint for Mac?
Convert Text to Shapes by Fragmenting in PowerPoint 2016 for Mac
- Insert a new text box on your slide and type in some text. …
- Figure 2: Text box selected on a slide.
- Insert a shape (we choose a Rectangle) on your slide. …
- Figure 3: Rectangle shape being drawn over the text box.
How do you convert to SmartArt in PowerPoint for Mac?
Convert text to a SmartArt graphic in PowerPoint 2016 for Mac
- Select the bulleted or numbered list.
- On the Home tab, click Convert to SmartArt and select the type of SmartArt you want to convert your text to.
How do you convert to SmartArt in PowerPoint?
Converting Existing Text to SmartArt
- Click on the Home tab.
- Then, select the text you want to convert by clicking the placeholder that contains the text (it’s the outer edge of the text box).
- Then, in the ribbon, go to the Paragraph group and click on the ‘Convert to SmartArt Graphic’ command.
Select Home > Convert to SmartArt. Select the SmartArt you want.
How can you convert text into a basic shape?
To convert text into a shape, right-click on the text layer, and choose “Convert To Shape”. Then select the Direct Selection tool (the white arrow tool) by pressing Shift A and click-and-drag the points in the path to give the characters a new shape.
How do I turn a text box into a shape?
To change the text box shape:
- Select the text box you want to change. The Format tab will appear.
- From the Format tab, click the Edit Shape command. …
- Hover the mouse over Change Shape, then select the desired shape from the menu that appears. …
- The text box will appear formatted as the shape.
How do I turn a line into a shape in PowerPoint?
Move the cursor to a different place on the slide and PowerPoint draws a line to the new location. Click the slide again, and PowerPoint places another point at the new location. By clicking and moving a cursor, draw a few more line segments to create a shape.
How do you format shapes in PowerPoint?
To format shapes in PowerPoint, select the shapes that you want to format by holding the “Ctrl” key on your keyboard and clicking on each shape. Then, right-click using your mouse, and choose the “Format Shape” option. This will open a new window that will allow you to make changes to the shapes.
How do you convert to smart art?
Just select your text, select Home > Convert to SmartArt, and then select the SmartArt you like. Some options also allow you to add pictures. Select Convert to Smart Art, More SmartArt Graphics, Picture, and then select the option you like.