How do I get a YouTube video to play in PowerPoint?
2. Use an Embed Code
- Go to YouTube and find the desired video. Click on Share, and then choose the Embed icon to generate an HTML code. …
- Open your presentation and select the slide. Go to Insert and click Video → Online Video again.
- Insert the code into the From a Video Embed Code field.
- Click on Insert or press Enter.
Why will my YouTube video not play in PowerPoint?
It can cause if the video is not embedded correctly in the presentation. If you are trying to embed a YouTube video that is no longer available, then you can encounter this issue. You could have entered the URL of the video instead of its embedded link. The playback option for the video could be disabled in PowerPoint.
How do I get a video to play in a PowerPoint presentation?
In Normal view, click the video in your slide. Under Video Tools, click the Playback tab. Next to Start, click the down arrow, and select Automatically. When you are delivering your presentation in Slide Show View or Presenter View, the video will play automatically when you arrive at the slide.
Why my video is not playing in PowerPoint?
If you are having trouble inserting or playing media, it could be that you don’t have the proper codec installed. For example, someone could send you a PowerPoint presentation with media based on a codec that your PC doesn’t have. … Then install the codec required to run the media.
How do I permanently insert a video into PowerPoint?
On the Insert tab, click Video, then click Movie from File. In the Choose a Movie dialog box, select the file you want to insert. If you want to embed the video on the slide, simply click Insert.
Why does my video go black on PowerPoint?
This is partly due to the DirectX technology MCI uses. To work around, you need to disable or turn down Hardware Acceleration. Click on Start > Control Panel. In the classic view, double click on the Display icon.
How do I fix a video problem in PowerPoint?
Fix: Unable to play audio or video in PowerPoint
- Set the Media Compatibility.
- Use a different presentation software.
- Check the codecs.
- Make sure the video is supported.
- Convert your audio or video file.
- Set the link value.
- Clear the TEMP folder.
Many websites will say that PowerPoint media is an unavailable problem is related to issues with the Windows Media Player. To solve this problem, you have to upgrade, update, or repair your Windows Media Player. The best way to fix this problem is to run the Office Repair Tool, not all three.
Which option must be enabled if you want to manipulate the playback of Video file during a presentation?
Under Video Tools, on the Playback tab, in the Video Options group, in the Start list, do one of the following:
- To play your video when the slide containing the video appears in Slide Show view, select Automatically.
- To control when you want to start the video by clicking the mouse, select On Click.
How do you embed a Video?
Embed videos & playlists
- On a computer, go to the YouTube video or playlist you want to embed.
- Click SHARE .
- From the list of Share options, click Embed.
- From the box that appears, copy the HTML code.
- Paste the code into your website HTML.