Why is my PowerPoint locked up?
While you may not have any viruses associated with PowerPoint (or on your computer at all), the combination of antivirus software and PowerPoint may cause the program to freeze. Check your antivirus software’s settings to disable PowerPoint integration, which should stop PowerPoint from freezing.
Why can’t I open a PowerPoint file?
PowerPoint has encountered errors and can’t open this file. Try opening another copy of the file. … If you opened the file from a disk, try to open another copy of the file on a new disk. The problem may be a file-format issue, or it may be a file-corruption issue that requires repair.
Can you unprotect a PowerPoint presentation?
Remove a password from a file
Open the presentation whose password you want to remove. Select File > Info. Select Protect Presentation > Encrypt with Password. Clear the password in the Password box, and then click OK.
How do I fix PowerPoint not opening?
Part 3: How To Fix PowerPoint Not Opening
- Unblock the Corrupt PowerPoint File. …
- Disable Protected View in PPT. …
- Start PowerPoint in Safe Mode. …
- Check the Status of PowerPoint-check if the PowerPoint has been in use. …
- Open PowerPoint with Stellar PPT Repair.
How do I unfreeze my PowerPoint?
Start by closing any other application that is not being used. Ensure that you close all the tabs in a browser. If PowerPoint still doesn’t respond, then press Ctrl+Alt+Del keys on Windows (Option+Cmd+Esc on Mac), select PowerPoint in the pop-up window, and press “End Task” (“Force Quit” on Mac).
How do I save a frozen PowerPoint?
- Click the File tab.
- Under Help, click Options.
- Click Save.
- Make sure the “Save AutoRecover information every x minutes” check box is selected.
- In Word, Excel and PowerPoint, make sure the “Keep the last autosaved version if I close without saving” check box is selected.
Why can’t I open a PowerPoint presentation on my Mac?
This behavior may occur if any one of the following conditions is true: PowerPoint preferences are corrupted. Programs running in the background are interfering with PowerPoint. Application files are corrupted.
How do I open a PPTX file?
A PPTX file is a Microsoft PowerPoint Open XML Presentation file. Open one with PowerPoint Viewer or PowerPoint, Google Slides, or another Office alternative. Convert to PDF, ODP, and others with those same programs or use a converter like Zamzar.
How do I open a PPT file?
Click the File tab. Click Open. To only see files saved in OpenDocument format, in the File of type list, click OpenDocument Presentation. Click the file you want to open, and then click Open.
How do I change PowerPoint from protected view?
I want to change my Protected View settings
- Click File > Options.
- Click Trust Center > Trust Center Settings > Protected View.
- Make selections that you want.
How do I unlock a PowerPoint presentation online?
How to unlock presentation using Aspose. Slides Unlock application
- Open Aspose. …
- Click inside the file drop area to upload a presentation or drag & drop it.
- Type presentation password and press “Unlock”.
- Download unlocked presentation, view it online or send it via email, using the according buttons.
How do I remove a password from a PowerPoint presentation that is read-only?
- Click File > Info.
- Review the Presentations status.
- Right-click File > Properties.
- Uncheck read-only.