Can you lock objects in PowerPoint?
To lock an object in PowerPoint for Windows, users will need to right-click the shape and then select the “Lock” option available in the context menu. Finally, users will be able to unlock any object by heading to the Selection pane and clicking the “Unlock” icon available next to the object name.
How do you lock a position in PowerPoint?
How to Lock a Picture in PowerPoint
- Start PowerPoint. …
- Scroll through the slides on the left until you have located the picture you wish to lock. …
- Right-click on the picture. …
- Click “Lock aspect ratio” located in the middle of the dialog box.
- Click “Close.”
How do I lock a PowerPoint to not edit?
Add password protection to a file
- Select File > Info.
- Select Protect Presentation > Encrypt with Password.
- In the Password box, enter the password you’d like to use. Select OK.
- PowerPoint prompts you to confirm the password by entering it once more.
- Save the file to ensure the password takes effect.
Can you lock a text box in PowerPoint?
Using a textbox enables you to lock a shape while leaving the text accessible for editing. If you want to lock both the shape and the text, converting your text box to a table or inserting a 1×1 table to hold the text (before locking) will result in both shape and text being locked.
How do you keep a text box from moving in PowerPoint?
Stop text resizing in PowerPoint for all presentations
- Click the File tab in the Ribbon.
- Click Options. …
- Select Proofing in the categories on the left.
- Click AutoCorrect Options. …
- Select the AutoFormat As You Type tab.
- Deselect (uncheck) the AutoFit title text to placeholder and AutoFit body text to placeholder options.
How to Lock Footer in PowerPoint? There is no direct way to lock the footer of your presentation in Microsoft PowerPoint so that other people with the PowerPoint file cannot edit it.
How do I enable read-only in PowerPoint?
Open the desired PowerPoint presentation, and click on the “File” tab. Next, click on the “Info” tab from the options presented on the left part of the screen. Select the “Protect Presentation” option. From the dropdown, select “Always Open Read-Only“.
How do I lock a PowerPoint presentation that is read-only?
How to make PowerPoint Read-only and uneditable
- Open the presentation you want to make read-only.
- Find and click on Info.
- Protect your presentation.
- Select Always Open Read-Only.
Can you lock something in place on Google Slides?
Fortunately, not only is the answer yes, but there are a few different options for locking things down in Google Slides. One option is to set the background of the slide to the image you want locked by creating it in Google Drawings. … Another option is to simply find a background picture, and insert it into the slide.
How do you lock images in Google Slides?
If you want use multiple objects like a single object, you can group them together.
- On your Android phone or tablet, open a presentation in the Google Slides app.
- Touch and hold an object until the top bar turns blue.
- Select the other objects you want to group together.
- Tap Group . To separate the objects, tap Group.