How do you revolve in SolidWorks?
To create a revolved surface:
- Sketch a profile and a centerline around which to revolve the profile.
- Click Revolved Surface (Surfaces toolbar) or Insert > Surface > Revolve.
- Set the PropertyManager options.
- Click OK .
What is revolved boss base?
Revolved Boss or Base is a SolidWorks feature tool which is used to create solid 3D model around an axis. You can revolve the sketch around an axis to add materials to it. You can access revolved boss/base from both command manager and menubar.
How do you use the revolve feature?
There are several ways to activate the Revolve tool:
- Click Model > Revolve and create a sketch to revolve. This method is referred to as action-object.
- Select an existing sketch and then click Model > Revolve. …
- Select a datum plane or planar surface to use as the sketching plane and then click Model > Revolve.
How do you get to the Revolve boss base?
To create a revolve feature: Create a sketch that contains one or more profiles and a centerline, line, or edge to use as the axis around which the feature revolves. Click one of the following revolve tools: Revolved Boss/Base (Features toolbar) or Insert > Boss/Base > Revolve.
How do you use revolve Extrude in SolidWorks?
Creating Extruded or Revolved Cuts as Assembly Features
- Open a sketch on a face or plane, and sketch a profile of the cut. …
- Click Extruded Cut or Revolved Cut (Features toolbar), or click Insert > Assembly Feature > Cut , then Extrude or Revolve.
- Set the options as needed in the Extrude or Revolve PropertyManager.
How do you make a revolve?
To view the revolve, open a 3D view.
Use the Draw tools to sketch a shape to revolve around the axis:
- Click Modify | Create Revolve tab Draw panel (Boundary Line).
- To create a single revolve, sketch a closed loop.
- To create more than one revolve, sketch multiple, non-intersecting, closed loops.
What is lofted boss base in SolidWorks?
A loft can be a base, boss, cut, or surface. You create a loft using two or more profiles. Only the first, last, or first and last profiles can be points. All sketch entities, including guide curves and profiles, can be contained in a single 3D sketch.
How do you make a cone in SolidWorks?
To create a cone:
- Click Solids > Draw > Cone (or type Cone).
- Set an option for the cone’s base: Center point base: Click in the graphics area to specify a center point or type the 3D coordinates. …
- Set the cone height: Click in the graphics area or type a value. – or –
What is SolidWorks extrude boss base means?
One of the oldest commands in the SOLIDWORKS software is the boss/base extrude command. An Extruded Boss/Base feature will allow you to take a 2D sketch and add thickness to it in the third dimension. Every few releases, this feature gets some terrific functionality added to it.
How do you use the lofted boss base in SolidWorks?
How to create a Lofted Boss/Base in SolidWorks:
- Sketch your profiles. A minimum of two are required but a higher number of profiles allows you to create more complex shapes. …
- Select the Loft Feature, then choose the profiles in order. …
- Adjust the Constraints and options as required.
What is loft in SolidWorks?
Loft creates a feature by making transitions between profiles. A loft can be a base, boss, cut, or surface. You create a loft using two or more profiles. Only the first, last, or first and last profiles can be points.
What is revolve function?
The Revolve command in AutoCAD 3D is used to create a 3D solid or surface by sweeping the object through its axis at a predefined angle. The paths and objects that can be revolved are: Planar. Non-planar.
How do you create an axis in Solidworks?
Creating Reference Axes
- Click Axis. on the Reference Geometry toolbar, or click Insert > Reference Geometry > Axis.
- Select the axis type in the Axis PropertyManager, then select the required entities for that type.
- Verify that the items listed in Reference Entities. …
- Click. …
- Click View > Hide/Show > Axes to see the new axis.
What is revolve tool?
ℹ️ This tool is available to all users. You can create solids such as sphere, cylinders, and cones by revolving faces or closed sketches with the Revolve tool. Not only that, but you can also create helical objects by adding height to your revolved sketch or face.