How do you move a freely view in Solidworks?
Select a drawing view, then move (nudge) it with the arrow keys. You can set the arrow key increments. Press Alt, place the pointer anywhere in the view, and drag the view. Move the pointer over the boundary of a view to highlight the boundary, or select the view.
How do you copy a view in Solidworks?
You can also drag views from sheet to sheet within a drawing (but not to another drawing document). To perform these operations on multiple views at once, hold down the Ctrl key as you select the views. To copy a Detail or Section View from one drawing to another, you must also copy the parent view.
How do I move a detail view in Solidworks?
Modifying a Detail View
- Right-click the profile sketch and select Edit Sketch.
- Edit the profile as needed to change the shape or size.
- Click Rebuild to update the detail view.
How do you change sheets in Solidworks?
Changing a SOLIDWORKS Sheet Format
- Open the Sheet Properties dialog via right-click on any Sheet.
- From the Sheet Properties tab, select the “Select Sheets to Modify” button.
- Select the sheets to change by selecting the checkboxes and Select OK.
- Set the desired Sheet Properties and Zone Parameters.
- Click Apply Changes.
How do I move a section view?
Solution: Hold the “Shift” key as the section view is placed. This will allow the view to be moved out of alignment from the parent view.
How do I move a section to a different sheet?
To move a drawing view using “drag and drop,” simply click on, hold and drag the drawing view listed in the feature tree and drop it in your desired location. When dragging it over a new sheet, a yellow arrow appears over the new location, indicating the drawing view is being moved.
How do you duplicate a section view in Solidworks?
Select the view either on the sheet or in the FeatureManager design tree. Click Cut. or Copy. (Standard toolbar), or click Edit > Cut or Copy.
How do I import a sheet into Solidworks?
Importing Drawings into Part Documents
- Open the drawing (. dwg or . …
- In the DXF/DWG Import dialog box, select Import to a new part and click Next.
- On the Drawing Layer Mapping tab, edit the sheet name and click Next.
- On the Document Settings tab, select Import this sheet and to a 2D sketch.
- Click Finish.
How do you dimension a detail view in Solidworks?
Once the dimension is imported into the Section View, expand the Detail View circle to see the entire diameter, then hold Shift and drag the dimension to the Detail View. With this dimension moved, you can resize the Detail View circle and the dimension will automatically be foreshortened.
How do you do a detailed view?
Once a detailed view is placed on the drawing sheet, you can modify the view, using the Drawing View dialog box.
- Open a drawing.
- Click Layout > Detailed. …
- Select a point in an existing drawing view that you want to enlarge in a detailed view. …
- Sketch a spline encompassing the area that you want to show in detail.
What is an auxiliary view in Solidworks?
An Auxiliary View is similar to a Projected View, but it is unfolded normal to a reference edge in an existing view. You can create an auxiliary view of an exploded assembly view. You can use sketched lines for folding.
How do I rotate a sheet in Solidworks?
Rotating a Drawing View Around its Center Point
- Click Rotate View. (View toolbar), or right-click the view and select Zoom/Pan/Rotate > Rotate View. …
- Do one of the following: Drag the view to the desired rotation. …
- Set options, then click Apply: …
- Click Close to close the dialog box.
How do I change the default sheet format in Solidworks?
To change the default template:
- Click Options. or Tools > Options.
- Select Default Templates.
- Click the appropriate browse button (Parts, Assemblies, or Drawings).
- In the New SolidWorks Document dialog box, select the template you prepared and click OK.
- Select: Always use these default document templates. …
- Click OK.
How do I change the border in Solidworks?
- In a drawing, click Edit Sheet Format (Sheet Format toolbar).
- Click Automatic Border (Sheet Format toolbar).
- Set options: On the first page of the Automatic Border PropertyManager, select items to delete from the sheet’s format. …
- Click .