How do you do a force analysis in Solidworks?
To apply a force:
- Click Add a force. The Force PropertyManager appears.
- In the graphics area, select the desired faces.
- Select: Normal to apply the force in the direction normal to each selected face. …
- Select the force units first, then enter the force value. …
- Click . …
- Click Next.
How does solidworks calculate torque?
To access the Force/Torque PropertyManager, do one of the following:
- Click the down arrow. on External Loads (Simulation CommandManager) and select Force. .
- In the Simulation study tree, right-click External Loads , and select Force. or Torque .
Can solidworks simulate gravity?
You can use the Gravity PropertyManager to apply gravity loads to a part or assembly document for use in structural and nonlinear analyses. To specify gravitational loading: Do one of the following: In the Simulation study tree, right-click External Loads and select Gravity.
How do you calculate loads in Solidworks?
Performing Beam Calculations
- Click Beam Calculator (Toolbox toolbar) or Toolbox > Beam Calculator .
- In the Beam Calculator dialog box, select a Load Type.
- Under Type of Calculation, select Deflection or Stress. …
- Select a beam: …
- Select an Axis to determine the value for Moment of inertia or Section modulus.
What is free body force in SolidWorks?
The free body forces can come from contact, external loads, restraints, or connectors. List Free Body Forces is available for static and nonlinear studies. For a static study, on the Static > Options tab, select Compute free body forces.
How do I create a motion analysis in SolidWorks?
You may right-click on the Motion Study tab to Create New Motion Studies. At the left upper corner side of the the MotionManager toolbar, pull-down and select Motion Analysis for the Type of Study.
How do you plot motor torque in Solidworks?
- From a Motion Analysis study, click Results and Plots. …
- In the PropertyManager, under Result, for Category, select Forces.
- For Subcategory and its corresponding features, select from the following: …
- For Select result component, select an option: …
- Select the Plot Results options you require, and click .
How does solidworks calculate deformation?
To view the deformed model: Double-click Deformation in the Results folder in the SimulationXpress study tree. The deformed model is displayed.
How do you turn on gravity in Solidworks Simulation?
To open the Gravity PropertyManager, do one of the following:
- Click the down arrow. on External Loads (Simulation CommandManager) and select Gravity .
- In the Simulation study tree, right-click External Loads , and select Gravity .
How does solidworks calculate material weight?
Click Mass Properties (Tools toolbar) or Tools > Evaluate > Mass Properties. The calculated mass properties appear in the dialog box. If an assembly contains components with overridden mass properties, those components are listed at the bottom of the Mass Properties dialog box.