What is a Catproduct file?
What is CATPRODUCT file? CATPRODUCT is a file extension commonly associated with CATIA V5 Assembly Format files. CATIA V5 Assembly Format format was developed by Dassault Systemes. Files with CATPRODUCT extension may be used by programs distributed for Mac OS, Windows platform.
How do I open a cat file?
CATIA Part and Product File Import
- Click File > Open.
- Navigate to the folder containing CATIA part or product files to open.
- For Files of type, select CATIA.
- Select the CATPart or CATProduct file and click Open. SOLIDWORKS imports the CATIA V5 file.
What software opens CATPart files?
Programs that open CATPART files
- Dassault Systemes CATIA.
- Autodesk Inventor 2022.
- Autodesk Fusion 360.
- Okino Computer Graphics PolyTrans.
How do I convert parts to CATIA?
It looks like this:
- Click Product to Part or select Tools > Generate CATPart from Product… menu and select the node Assembly_01 .
- The dialog box is displayed. In Assembly Design: In Product Data Filtering:
- Click OK . A progress bar is displayed while Assembly_01_AllCATPart is created. It looks like this:
How do I save a STL file in CATIA?
To save a model or a model assembly in STL Format:
- File > Save As (Save As dialog box opens)
- From the Save as type drop-down menu select STL (*.stl)
- Click Options.
- The Export Options dialog box will display the file in a tessellated view.
- File Format selection is STL.
What is Save extension of assembly file in CATIA?
Main Catia V5 file extensions are: . CATPart (part) . CATProduct (Assembly)
What is propagate directory in CATIA?
Save As – Saves the Active Document that is open in CATIA. Propogate Directory – A function under the Save Management that allows for any Files associated to the file you are trying to save to have the same operation performed on it. So if I have a Product Open and I go into Save Management.
What is Save Management in CATIA?
The Save Management command lets you save all your modified documents under a new name and a new location. Before you start, note that: This command is relevant for loaded documents only.
What is cat part?
CATPART is a part file created by CATIA V5, a 3D CAD manufacturing applicatio. It stores a part model, including the three-dimensional geometry and structure data; can be combined with other parts into a . CATPRODUCT assembly file.
Can Solidworks open CATIA files?
SOLIDWORKS imports the CATIA V5 file. You can save an imported CATPart file as a SOLIDWORKS part file, and an imported CATProduct file as a SOLIDWORKS assembly.
How do I open a Catpart file in AutoCAD?
2 Answers. When in Catia V5 you can save your CATPART or CATProduct file as a . stp file (STEP File). After you save it > Open AutoCAD > Open a blank drawing file > select Import from the file menu > Select your .