What is named selection?
Named Selection feature allows you to create named selections that can be transferred to the ANSYS Mechanical application, or used in the creation of some features. You can select any combination of 3D entities, including point feature points (PF points).
How do I create a named selection in Ansys Spaceclaim?
To create a named selection
- Select the objects you want to include in the group. You can use the Selection panel to select objects in the same part that are similar or related to the object that is currently selected.
- Click Create Group in the Groups. …
- (Optional) Rename the group. …
- Send your change to ANSYS:
What are the different types of meshing in Ansys?
ANSYS FLUENT can use meshes comprised of triangular or quadrilateral cells (or a combination of the two) in 2D, and tetrahedral, hexahedral, polyhedral, pyramid, or wedge cells (or a combination of these) in 3D. The choice of which mesh type to use will depend on your application.
How do you select multiple faces in ANSYS Workbench?
Is there an easy way to select multiple faces on a model? Yes. You can select one or more objects quickly and easily by using the Select tool. Click the first face of your design, hold down the Ctrl key, and then click each individual selection you want to add to or remove from your original selection.
How do I create a group in Spaceclaim?
To create a group
- Select any set of 3D objects.
- Click Create Group in the Groups. Sets of objects that appear in the Groups tab. You create a group from any set of selected objects. Information such as Selection, Alt+selection, move anchoring, axis, and ruler dimension is all stored with the group. panel or press Ctrl+G.
How do you edit geometry in ANSYS Workbench?
In this step, you will make a slight alteration to the elbow geometry in ANSYS DesignModeler by changing the diameter of the smaller inlet.
- Open ANSYS DesignModeler. …
- Change the diameter of the small inlet ( velocity-inlet-small). …
- Close ANSYS DesignModeler.
- View the files generated by ANSYS Workbench.
How do you slice a body in SpaceClaim?
To selectively split a body:
- Click the Split Body tool in the Intersect group on the Design tab.
- Select the body.
- Check ON the Local Slicing option.
- Click the cutter plane; you will see a blue outline which previews local slicing locations for splitting the body.
How do I open ANSYS SpaceClaim?
ANSYS 13.0: Start ANSYS Workbench and create a geometry cell:
- To work with an existing design, click Import Geometry in ANSYS and choose an existing SCDOC file. …
- To start a new design, click New SpaceClaim Geometry in ANSYS to launch SpaceClaim with an empty design.
How do you choose a mesh method?
The meshing method can differ for each geometry to get reliable results. Usually, higher mesh element concentration is used near sharp corners or relatively smaller geometrical regions (see figure). Quadratic order meshing might be more accurate than linear order meshing.
What is mesh in CFD?
CFD meshing applies a numerical grid to a fluid body and boundary, similar to meshing in finite element simulations. Meshing algorithms are used to generate collections of grid points, which will determine the accuracy of a CFD simulation.