How do you make a model view in SOLIDWORKS?
To insert a model view into a drawing:
- Click Model View. (Drawing toolbar) or Insert > Drawing View > Model.
- Set options in the Model View PropertyManager. …
- Click Next . …
- Set additional options in the Model View PropertyManager. …
- Click .
What is model item SOLIDWORKS?
It’s the SOLIDWORKS Model Items tool, and it’ll speed up dimensioning time in your drawings and make annotations a breeze. Model Items can be used for inserting items into an assembly component, an assembly feature, a drawing view/views, and a selected feature.
How do you use model items in SOLIDWORKS?
To insert existing model items into a drawing:
- Click Model Items. (Annotation toolbar), or click Insert > Model Items. …
- Set options in the Model Items PropertyManager. Dimensions are inserted for unabsorbed model sketches only if the sketch is visible in the drawing. …
- Click .
What are the different drawing views in SOLIDWORKS?
Standard Drawing Views
- Standard 3 View.
- Model View. Model View creates a single view based on a predefined view orientation. …
- Exploded Views in Drawings. …
- Model Break Views Within Drawings. …
- Relative to Model View.
- Predefined Views. …
- Empty Views.
- Adding Named Views.
How do I save a camera view in Solidworks?
To save settings for multiple cameras:
- In the Palette, on the Camera tab: Shift + click to select the cameras to save. Right-click and click Save to file.
- In the dialog box: Navigate to a folder. The default is SOLIDWORKS Visualize ContentCameras. Click Save.
How do I import model dimensions into Solidworks?
Use menu items:
- Click Insert > Drawing View > Model.
- In the Model View PropertyManager, under Part/Assembly to Insert, click Browse, select the part containing DimXpert dimensions, and click .
- Under Orientation, select the views to import. …
- Under Import options, select Import annotations and DimXpert annotations.
How do I show dimensions in Solidworks model?
To re-display the dimensions, right-click the feature or one of its faces, and select Show All Dimensions. To show dimension names, click View > Hide/Show > Dimension Names or Hide/Show Items > View Dimension Names (Heads-up View toolbar).
How do I insert a model dimension in Solidworks drawing?
You can specify that dimensions marked for drawings be inserted automatically into new drawing views. Go to Tools > Options and in the Document Properties tab, click Detailing. Select Dimensions marked for drawing under Auto insert on view creation.
How do you make a 3D dimension in Solidworks?
To add angular dimensions between 3D sketch planes:
- Double-click one 3D sketch plane to make it active.
- Right-click on the edge of the 3D sketch plane to which you want to dimension, and select Smart Dimension.
- With the second plane selected, click inside the active plane to add the dimension.
What are different views in engineering drawing?
The most common way to communicate all the information is by using three different views in a multiview drawing: Front view. Top view. Side view.
How do you select a drawing view in SolidWorks?
Selecting by View
- On the Standard toolbar, expand the Select flyout and click Select by Views.
- Right-click an empty region of the graphics area and, on the context toolbar, expand the Select flyout and click Select by Views.