What are Revit disciplines?
In Revit, each view has a discipline assigned to it, this controls what elements are visible and which are hidden. For example in an architectural view we can see walls, windows and doors but we might not be able to see structural elements such as beams and trusses or mechanical elements such as ducts.
How do I add disciplines in Revit?
Do you want to add other Disciplines from the list or you want to create new disciplines? If you want simply to add from the list ,then make a duplicate of a view and change Discipline : Properties>Graphics >Disciplines> choose from the list ….then the category will appear automatically in Project Browser…
How do you create a new view type in Revit?
Create a View Type
- Open a view for which you want to create a view type, or click the view name in the Project Browser.
- In the Properties palette, click Edit Type.
- In the Type Properties dialog, click Duplicate.
- Enter a name for the new view type and click OK.
How do you organize a sheet in Revit?
As you enter sheet order numbers, Revit re-sorts the list to place the rows in order. To hide the Sheet Order field, right-click the column in the sheet list, and click Hide Column(s).
Organize a Sheet List
- Click the Sorting/Grouping tab.
- For Sort by, select Sheet Order. Make sure that Ascending is selected.
- Click OK.
How do I add a category in project Browser Revit?
Click View tab Windows panel User Interface drop-down Browser Organization. In the Browser Organization dialog, click the Views tab to create a sort group for project views, or click the Sheets tab to create a sort group for sheets. Click New. Enter a name for the sort group, and click OK.
How do I change the filter type in Revit?
Click the button in the Value column. In the Apply View Template dialog, under View Templates, use the discipline filter and the view type filter to limit the list of view templates. Under Names, select a view template. (Optional) Under View Properties, change properties of the view template.
How do you see different views in Revit?
Press CTRL+Tab to advance through each open view sequentially (including views that have been moved out of the Revit application window). Click (Tile Views) to see multiple views at once.
How do I change the view name in Revit?
To change text in the view title, double-click the text, and edit it. To change the type of text used to display a label, select the label in the drawing area. On the Properties palette, select another label type from the Type Selector.
How do you add a view to a sheet in Revit?
To add a view to the sheet, use one of the following methods:
- In the Project Browser, expand the list of views, locate the view, and drag it onto the sheet.
- Click View tab Sheet Composition panel (Place View). In the Views dialog, select a view, and click Add View to Sheet.
How do you crop a view in Revit?
Crop a View
- If the view is not cropped, On the View Control Bar, click (Crop View).
- If the view is cropped, but the crop region is not visible, click (Show Crop Region) on the View Control Bar.
- Resize the crop region as necessary by using the drag control or setting the size explicitly.