How do I label a section line in Revit?
The reference section head includes a label. To change the label text, edit the Reference Label parameter.
To create a reference section:
- Click View tab Create panel (Section).
- On the Reference panel, select Reference Other View.
- Select a section, callout of a section, or drafting view name from the drop-down list.
How do you label a section line?
Do one of the following:
- Click the desired section line. Right-click and click Edit Labels.
- Click the desired section view grid. Right-click and click Section View Properties. On the Sections tab, click the Labels column.
How do I rename a section plan in Revit?
To rename the section view:
Go to the project Browser -> Right click on the section view you would like rename -> On the right click menu, go to Rename -> Change the name of the view and press Enter.
How do I add text to a section head in Revit?
Create a Section Head Family
- Click File tab New Annotation Symbol.
- In the Open dialog, select Section Head. …
- The section head template includes a predefined head. …
- If desired, add text to the symbol by clicking Text panel (Text).
How do you put a section view on a sheet in Revit?
To add a view to the sheet, use one of the following methods:
- In the Project Browser, expand the list of views, locate the view, and drag it onto the sheet.
- Click View tab Sheet Composition panel (Place View). In the Views dialog, select a view, and click Add View to Sheet.
How do I change the section detail number in Revit?
If you would like to change the detail number that is showing in your section and detail markers you can change this by selecting on the section marker in your view and going to properties and changing the “Detail Number” to the desired name/number.
How do I create a section in Revit?
Click View tab Create panel (Section). (Optional) In the Type Selector, select a view type from the list, or click Edit Type to modify an existing view type or create a new view type. Place the cursor at the starting point of the section, and drag through the model or family.
How do I add a section to a family in Revit?
How to Create Section Views in Revit 2021. Select the section tool and place the cursor at the starting point of the section and drag through the model or family. Note: You can snap a section line parallel or perpendicular to a non-orthogonal datum or wall. Snapping to a wall is available in plan views.