Can two people work on the same Revit file at the same time?
Use worksharing to allow multiple users to work on different parts of one Revit project. Worksharing allows simultaneous access to a shared model through use of a central model. Use worksharing when you are working with a single model (one RVT file) that will have multiple team members working on it.
How do I share a Revit model with a client?
Drop a Revit model into its browser window to open the model for viewing. Then share a link to the file (where it is stored for 30 days) or start a live session for real-time review of the model.
How do you collaborate in Revit?
Open Revit, create a new project with the Architectural Template. (or open the project you’ve already started) Save the project with the words “Central File” in the file name. 4. On the Collaborate Tab in Revit, click Collaborate, select “within your network”, select OK.
How do Revit files work at the same time?
- In Revit, create a new model file or open an existing one.
- In the ribbon, click the Collaborate tab > Manage Collaboration panel > Collaborate.
- In the Worksharing window, click Save the model and continue.
- The Save As dialog appears. …
- Then, from the File menu, select Save As > Could Model.
How do I export a Revit model?
To export 3D model data for use in Autodesk Revit
- Click Manage Model. …
- In the Model Explorer panel, make the desired layers visible. …
- Zoom out to see the area to export.
- Click Present/Share Present. …
- In the Export to 3D Model File dialog box, specify the area to export:
How do I open an RVT file without Revit?
Autodesk Viewer lets you open the RVT file without having Revit or AutoCAD on your computer. The same tool supports similar formats as well, like DWG, STEP, etc., and makes sharing the RVT file easy. RVT file open in Autodesk Viewer.
How do I see models in Revit?
Use the Revit Viewer Mode to view models and families: How to use Revit Viewer Mode. Upload the Revit Model to the Autodesk Viewer, and review the geometry online. Note: Revit Family files (RFA) are unable to be uploaded to Autodesk Viewer currently.
Can you work together in Revit?
Revit provides several different ways to collaborate with team members who are also using the software. You can link multiple Revit models together, allowing team members to work in context. Through worksharing, users on the same local area network (LAN) can work together in the same Revit model.
How do you collaborate in Revit 2020?
Click Collaborate tab Manage Collaboration panel (Worksets). Note: If you have installed the Revit Cloud Worksharing add-on, then: Click Collaborate tab Manage Collaboration panel Collaborate. In the Collaborate dialog, select Collaborate within your network and click OK.
What is collaboration in Revit?
Revit displays the Collaborate dialog. There are two options here: Collaborate within your network and Collaborate using the cloud. Collaborate within your network allows you to collaborate on a local area network (LAN), or wide area network (WAN).
How do I use local and central files in Revit?
Create a Local Copy of a Central Model
- Click File tab Open.
- In the Open dialog, navigate to the folder where the central model resides and select it. To navigate to a central model that is connected to the Revit Server: …
- Under Worksharing, verify that Create New Local is selected. …
- Click Open.
How do you collaborate in Revit model in BIM 360?
To use Revit Cloud Worksharing, upload a model to BIM 360 Team.
- In Revit, open or create a model.
- Click Collaborate tab Manage Collaboration panel (Collaborate).
- If prompted, sign in with your Autodesk ID and password. …
- In the Collaborate dialog, select In BIM 360 Team.
- Click OK.
- Select the desired project folder.
Does BIM collaborate Pro work with Revit LT?
Solution: BIM Collaborate Pro can be used for cloud worksharing with the following versions of Revit: Revit 2018.3 and later versions can be used with next generation BIM 360 (using the Document Management and Design Collaboration modules).