How do you use detail items in Revit?
Insert a Detail Component
- Click Annotate tab Detail panel Component drop-down (Detail Component).
- From the Type Selector, select the appropriate detail component to place.
- Press SPACEBAR to rotate the detail component through its different snap points to other elements.
- Place the detail component in the detail view.
How do you scale multiple objects in Revit?
You can resize multiple elements simultaneously. You can use shape handles to resize one or more elements simultaneously. To scale elements graphically, use the Scale tool with 3 clicks: the first click determines the origin, and the next 2 clicks define the scale vectors.
What are Revit detail components?
Detail components are Revit families that can be placed in drafting views or detail views to add information to the model. They offer a faster method of detailing than drawing individual detail lines. Detail components are line-based 2D elements that you can add to detail views or drafting views.
How do you create a detail component?
Use tools on the Create tab to create the shape of the detail component. A detail component is displayed in a symbolic form and is not shown in 3D. Click the Line tool to sketch the symbol. Create the component between the 2 reference planes to have elements contract or expand based on the length.
Can you scale a Revit family?
You cannot resize or scale a family in the project environment. To scale a family in the Family Editor, you can create and use a parameter that adjusts its size.
How do you unlock scales in Revit?
- Remove (unassign) the view template from the view. This should unlock all of the properties so that they can be modified independently from the View Template.
- Modify scale defined in the view template. This will change the scale for all views using the template.
- Edit the view template to exclude the scale.
What is the keyboard shortcut in Revit for hide elements?
Complete List of Revit Default Keyboard Shortcuts:
|KB Shortcut||Tool Description|
|PP or CTRL-1 or VP||PROPERTIES; TOGGLE PROPERTIES PALETTE / Toggles the Properties palette.|
|VH||HIDE IN VIEW:HIDE CATEGORY / Hides an element category from view.|
|LI||MODEL LINE; BOUNDARY LINE; REBAR LINE / Places a new line.|
How do you scale an image in Revit?
Select the image and modify it as follows:
- To scale the image, drag the corner handles.
- To move the image, drag it to the desired location.
- To keep width and height settings proportional while scaling, on the Properties palette, select Lock Proportions.
How do you change the scale on a Revit sheet?
In order to do that, you need to go to the Drawing View (not the Sheet View) and at the bottom you should see what scale the drawing is set to. Click on the scale and then select “Custom...”. A dialog box should pop up.
What are detail components?
Detail components are line-based 2D elements that you can add to detail views or drafting views. They are visible only in those views. They scale with the model, rather than the sheet. Detail components are not associated with the model elements that are part of the building model.
How do you add a component in Revit?
On the ribbon, click one of the following:
- Architecture tab Build panel (Place a Component)
- Structure tab Model panel Component drop-down (Place a Component)
- Systems tab Model panel Component drop-down (Place a Component)