How do you save an isolated part in Solidworks?
To save one or more component instances as a new file: In an assembly, in the graphics area or FeatureManager design tree, right-click a component or Ctrl + select multiple components and click Make Independent . In the dialog box, click OK when prompted to save the component with a new name.
How do you save a multi body part in assembly in Solidworks?
To save a part as an assembly and create instance counts from similar bodies:
- Click Insert > Features > Save Bodies.
- In the Save Bodies PropertyManager, under Create Assembly, select Derive resulting parts from similar bodies or cut list.
How do you make a new body in Solidworks?
Grouping Bodies into Folders
- Expand Solid Bodies in the FeatureManager design tree.
- Right-click a solid body name, select Add to New Folder, and name the folder. The selected solid body is listed in the new folder. You can drag other bodies into the same folder, and create other new folders and subfolders.
Can you split an assembly in Solidworks?
You can create separate part files, and form an assembly from the new parts. You can split one or more solid or surface bodies. To split a surface, the Trimming Surface must extend past the boundaries of the surface to split.
How do you save internal parts in Solidworks?
To save a virtual component: Set the following options in the dialog box, and then click OK. Save internally(inside the assembly).
Select an item in File Name, and then use these buttons to change the path:
- Same As Assembly. …
- Specify Path. …
- Internal To Assembly.
How do I export a selected part in Solidworks?
Assemblies Saved as Parts Export Options
- Click Tools > Options > System Options > Export.
- For File Format, select SLDPRT from assembly.
- Specify the following options, and click OK.
How do I turn a part into assembly in Solidworks?
Creating an Assembly from a Part
- Click Make Assembly from Part/Assembly (Standard toolbar) or File > Make Assembly from Part. An assembly opens with the Insert Component PropertyManager active.
- Click in the graphics area to add the part to the assembly. SOLIDWORKS makes the first component fixed.
How do I create a part in an assembly in Solidworks?
Creating a Part in an Assembly
- Click New Part (Assembly toolbar) or Insert > Component > New Part.
- Enter a name for the new part in the Save As dialog box and click Save.
- Select a plane or planar face (while the pointer is ). …
- Construct the part features, using the same techniques you use to build a part on its own.
How do I insert a part into another part in Solidworks?
With a part document open, click Insert Part (Features toolbar) or Insert > Part. Browse to a part document and click Open. The Insert Part PropertyManager appears. Under Transfer, select any combination of items from the inserted part to be included in the derived part.
How do you make solid bodies in Solidworks?
To convert a boundary surface into a solid, click Insert > Surface > Boundary Surface, and in Options and Preview, click Create solid. To convert a trim-surface feature into a solid, click Insert > Surface > Trim Surface and in Surface Split Options, click Create solid.
How do you split a surface in SolidWorks?
You can split surfaces with the Split tool.
To split a surface:
- Open install_dir sampleswhatsnewpartssplit. …
- Click Split (Mold Tools toolbar) or Insert > Features > Split.
- In the graphics area, select Surface-Extrude1 for Trimming Surfaces .
- In the PropertyManager, under Target Bodies, click Selected bodies.