Can an arc be tangent to a circle?
When an arc is tangent to a circle, its center must be the radius distance away from that circle.
How do you draw a circle in SOLIDWORKS?
- Sketch tab. Click the Sketch CommandManager to select circle tools from the Circle. flyout tool.
- Menu. Click Tools > Sketch Entities to select circle tools.
- Circle PropertyManager. Change to different circle tools from the Circle PropertyManager.
What is a tangent arc in SOLIDWORKS?
SOLIDWORKS infers from the pointer motion whether you want a tangent or normal arc. There are four intent zones, with eight possible results as shown. Moving the pointer in a tangent direction creates a tangent arc. Moving the pointer in a normal direction creates a normal arc.
Which option will you use to make a circle which is tangent to a line and circle and has certain radius value *?
You can find this method in the Circle split-button in the Draw panel of the Home ribbon. The Tangent, Tangent, Radius method creates a circle with a specified radius that is tangent to two existing objects. Click to select that method.
How can tangent lines be constructed through a point outside a circle?
1) Draw a line connecting the point C to the center of the circle A. 2) Construct the perpendicular bisector of that line a)Place a point on the line b) Using the compass tool create a circle with a radius from that new point to A, centered at A.
How do you draw a center circle in Solidworks?
Make sure the Linear Center mark icon is selected under Manual Insert options section. Now scroll to the bottom of Center mark property manager and type in the value for the angle you want for center mark > hit enter. Click on the circular edges to add center marks.
How do you center a circle on a plane in Solidworks?
- Here select (for example), “Right Plane” and click the mouse right button on the plane. …
- Select the “center circle” button from the sketch toolbar shows below.
- Drag you mouse pointer to graphics area and click on it to select the center and drag to a certain distance to set the radius.