How do you fix the length of a line in Solidworks?
To set a fixed length:
- Select the spline to dimension.
- Click Smart Dimension. …
- Click anywhere on the spline to place the dimension and click. …
- Drag an endpoint of the spline. …
- To change the spline’s length, double-click the dimension and enter a new value in the Modify dialog box.
Is it possible to set a dimension to fix the length of a spline?
You can set a dimension to fix the length of a spline. You can reference this dimension in custom properties, configurations, equations, and tables, including design tables and BOMs. To set a fixed length: Select the spline to dimension.
How do you change length in Solidworks?
To change a dimension: Double-click a dimension. The Modify dialog box appears. Change the dimension value with the arrows, thumbwheel , mouse wheel, or by typing in the dimension box.
How do you define length in Solidworks?
Creating Path Length Dimensions
- Right-click the sketch and click Dimensions > Path Length .
- In the graphics area, select the sketch entities that are end-to-end coincident, and form a single chain.
- Click . …
- To change the path length dimension, double-click the dimension and specify a new value in the Modify dialog box.
How do you centerline in Solidworks?
To create a centerline:
- Click Centerline. (Sketch toolbar) or click Tools > Sketch Entities > Centerline.
- Click to start the centerline.
- Drag, or move the pointer and click, to set the end of the centerline.
How do you change the thickness of a line in Solidworks?
To set line thickness:
- In a drawing, click Tools > Options > Document Properties > Line Thickness.
- In the dialog box, under Line thickness print settings, enter a value for the line weights (Thin, Normal, Thick, and five additional line thickness settings). …
- Click OK.
How does solidworks calculate curve length?
To dimension the true length of an arc:
- In an open sketch, click Smart Dimension. (Dimensions/Relations toolbar) or Tools > Dimensions > Smart.
- Click the arc.
- Click the two endpoints of the arc.
- Move the pointer to show the dimension preview.
- Set the value in the Modify box and click .
- Click to place the dimension.
How do you dimension a spline in Solidworks?
In Edit Sketch mode, in the Spline PropertyManager under Parameters, select Tangent driving. Click Smart Dimension (Dimensions/Relations toolbar) or Tools > Dimensions > Smart. Select the spline to display the handles. Select any of the handles on either end, and click to place the dimension.
How do you change increments in Solidworks?
Adjust SOLIDWORKS Spin Box Increment Locally
By double-clicking on the dimension, the dimension modify window pops up. The “Reset spin increment value” button is used to preset values to increment or decrement dimensions.
How do I change dimension in Solidworks configuration?
In the graphics area, right-click a dimension and select Configure Dimension. In the Modify Configurations dialog box, edit the value of the dimension for the configurations you want to change.
How do you change inches to mm in Solidworks?
Changing units in the SOLIDWORKS user interface could not be simpler. Go to Tools>Options>Document Properties>Units to change the units that are being used within the SOLIDWORKS design environment.
How do you calculate path length?
Distance traveled by a body is the path length. For example, if a body covers half the circumference of a circle of radius r the distance traveled is d= πr.
How do I get my solidworks toolbar back?
To display SOLIDWORKS toolbars:
- Right-click in the window border and select or clear a toolbar name.
- Click Tools > Customize. On the Toolbars tab, select the toolbars to display.
How do you simplify a very large and complex assembly in Solidworks?
To simplify assemblies: Toggle the visibility of the components. Create SpeedPak configurations.
Reasons to simplify a large assembly include:
- Improve performance and reduce rebuild times.
- Improve display speed during dynamic view operations (zoom, pan, rotate, and so on).
- Focus your work on a subset of components.