How do I change the line format in Solidworks?
To change the format of an existing edge or sketch entity:
- Select the edge or sketch entity you want to change. To select more than one entity at a time, hold Ctrl as you select.
- Click a tool on the Line Format toolbar and select a format from the menu. The new format is applied to the selected entities.
How do I change the thickness of a line in Solidworks 2018?
To assign line thickness or style:
- Click Options (Standard toolbar) and select the Document Properties tab.
- Set style and thickness for the following: All dimension leaders. All annotation leaders. Frames for geometric tolerances, balloons, and datums. Style. Thickness.
How do I change dimension thickness in Solidworks?
To set line thickness and style:
- Click Options , and then select the Document Properties tab.
- Select the type of annotation or dimension for which you intend to customize the frame or leader line thickness.
- Select a thickness from the list, or select Custom Size and enter a value for the custom thickness.
Where is the line format toolbar in Solidworks?
If you’re going to be making a lot of changes, it may be convenient to enable the Line Format toolbar by clicking on View > Toolbars > Line Format. You’ll not only have access to the tools mentioned above but layers as well.
How do I change the section line style in Solidworks?
To modify a section line before creating the view:
- Double-click a drawing view and sketch a line (or multiple lines for an aligned section view) in the view. …
- With the line or lines selected, click Insert > Make Section Line.
- Select the section line. …
- Make any changes in the PropertyManager.
- Do one of the following:
How do I change the default line thickness in Solidworks?
To set line thickness:
- In a drawing, click Tools > Options > Document Properties > Line Thickness.
- In the dialog box, under Line thickness print settings, enter a value for the line weights (Thin, Normal, Thick, and five additional line thickness settings). …
- Click OK.
How do I change the color of a line in SolidWorks?
Using either the Line Format toolbar or the Layer toolbar, click Layer Properties.
- In the dialog box that appears, create a new layer and set the color of the layer to red. …
- Right-mouse click on the component you want to display in the red color and select “Change Layer” from the pop-up menu.
How do I create a template in SolidWorks?
To create a template:
- Click New (Standard toolbar) or File > New.
- Double-click the type of template that you want to create: Part, Assembly, or Drawing.
- Click Options. …
- On the Document Properties tab, select options to customize your new document template, then click OK. …
- Click File > Save As.
How do you add a thickness to a sketch in Solidworks?
Click Thicken on the Features toolbar, or click Insert > Boss/Base > Thicken. Examine the preview, and select the side of the surface you want to thicken, as shown below. Enter the Thickness . Note that when you select Thicken Both Sides , it adds the Thickness you specify to both sides.
How do I change the leader style in Solidworks drawing?
Go to Tools Tab > Under Drawing Styles. Click Leader Styles.
How do you extrude a line in Solidworks?
Click Extrude (2D to 3D toolbar), or click Tools > Sketch Tools > 2D to 3D > Extrude, and click in the graphics area to establish the direction of the extrusion. The Base-Extrude PropertyManager appears.
How do I show a construction line in Solidworks?
Click Construction Geometry. on the Sketch toolbar. Click Tools > Sketch Tools > Construction Geometry. Select the For construction check box in the PropertyManager.
How do I draw a line in Solidworks?
To sketch a line:
- Click Line. …
- In the Insert Line PropertyManager under Orientation, select one of the following: …
- Under Options, select: …
- Under Parameters, you can do the following, based on the Orientation: …
- Click in the graphics area and sketch the line. …
- Complete the line in one of the following ways: