How do I use remote mass in SolidWorks?
To treat a body as a remote mass: In the Simulation study tree, right-click a solid body in an assembly component or multi-body part, and select Treat as Remote Mass. , select the faces, edges, and vertices that connect the body to the rest of the model. These entities can only deform as a rigid body.
What is remote load?
A remote load adds a nodal load or boundary condition to a point in space; that is, a point not on the model. The point in space is connected to selected nodes on the model with line elements. The user defines the properties of the line elements as beam, truss, or similar line elements.
What is remote load mass SolidWorks?
The Remote Loads/Mass PropertyManager allows you to apply remote loads, and displacements for static, frequency, linear dynamics, buckling, and nonlinear studies, and remote masses for static, frequency, linear dynamics, and buckling studies.
How do I apply a load in SolidWorks?
How to Use Load Cases in SOLIDWORKS Simulation
- Step 1: The Plan. …
- Step 2: Open the File. …
- Step 3: Create a New Static Study. …
- Step 4: Apply the Material as Aluminum 1060 Alloy. …
- Step 5: Apply Fixtures. …
- Step 6: Apply Loads. …
- Step 7: Mesh the Model. …
- Step 8: Open Up the Load Case Manager.
How do you turn on gravity in SolidWorks simulation?
To open the Gravity PropertyManager, do one of the following:
- Click the down arrow. on External Loads (Simulation CommandManager) and select Gravity .
- In the Simulation study tree, right-click External Loads , and select Gravity .
How do you simulate in SolidWorks?
1 Click Tools, Add-Ins. The Add-Ins dialog box appears. 2 Check the checkboxes next to SolidWorks Simulation. If SolidWorks Simulation is not in the list, you need to install SolidWorks Simulation.
What is distributed mass in Solidworks simulation?
Distributed Mass. . Sets the value of the total mass to be applied to the selected face. The total mass is distributed proportionally to the area of each face.
How do I add a point mass in Solidworks?
You can add a Center of Mass (COM) point to parts and assemblies. In drawings of parts or assemblies that contain a COM point, you can show and reference the COM point. You add a COM point by clicking Center of Mass (Reference Geometry toolbar) or Insert > Reference Geometry > Center of Mass.
How do I load Simulation results in Solidworks?
To load all simulation data, click Simulation > Options > System Options > General and select Load all Simulation Studies when opening the model (requires more time to open a model). You can also load simulation data for a specific study by clicking individual simulation tabs.
How does solidworks calculate load capacity?
Performing Beam Calculations
- Click Beam Calculator (Toolbox toolbar) or Toolbox > Beam Calculator .
- In the Beam Calculator dialog box, select a Load Type.
- Under Type of Calculation, select Deflection or Stress. …
- Select a beam: …
- Select an Axis to determine the value for Moment of inertia or Section modulus.