What is the Help command in AutoCAD?
Toggle Drawing Modes
|F3||Toggle object snap mode|
|F6||Toggle Dynamic UCS|
How do I open help in AutoCAD?
Check the Help path in Options:
- On the command line in AutoCAD, type OPTIONS and then click the Files tab.
- Click to expand “Help and Miscellaneous File Names” and then “Help Location.”
- Verify the path is for the correct AutoCAD version.
Which is used to get help in CAD?
Displays the online or offline Help system. Press F1 while hovering over a tooltip or when command is active to display Help for that command. In the Help window, left panel, specify audience and content filters to narrow your search results.
How do I turn off help in AutoCAD?
How to disable the InfoCenter in AutoCAD
- Close AutoCAD.
- Press WINDOWS-R on the keyboard to bring up the Run window, enter REGEDIT and click OK.
- Navigate to and select the following folder: …
- On the right pane of the window, double-click InfoCenterOn.
- Enter a value of 0 (zero) and click OK.
- Relaunch AutoCAD.
How do I create a shortcut key in AutoCAD?
How to change commands in AutoCAD
- Select the Express Tools tab.
- Select Command Aliases.
- Click the Add button to create a new shortcut.
- In the New Command Alias pop-up box, enter an Alias or shortcut and select an AutoCAD command from the drop-down list.
- Click OK.
- To overwrite the current default shortcut, click Yes.
How do I enable command line in AutoCAD?
Use the shortcut CTRL+9 (CMD+3 in AutoCAD for Mac) to toggle on the command line. Type in the COMMANDLINE command. It may be necessary to enable Dynamic Input to do this see How to enable or disable dynamic input in AutoCAD: Right-click on either Dynamic input or Object Snap in the Status Bar and select Settings.
How do I show commands in AutoCAD?
To open the Command line, type CommandLine anywhere in your CAD interface. Then press Enter. The Command line will reappear. You can also open the Command line by holding down the CTRL + 9 keys.
What is Dynmode in AutoCAD?
AutoCAD Drawing – DYNMODE (System Variable) Turns Dynamic Input features on and off. Type: Integer Saved in: Registry Initial value: 3 When all features are on, the context governs what is displayed. When DYNMODE is set to a negative value, the Dynamic Input features are not turned on, but the setting is stored.
What are the drawing commands in AutoCAD?
- Draw Toolbar.
- Line Command.
- Polyline Command.
- Circle Command.
- Arc Command.
- Rectangle Command.
- Text Command.
- Linear Dimension Command.
What is F12 in AutoCAD?
F12. This command will allow us to use the Dynamic Input command of this software. Dynamic Input provides user cursor input, dimension input, and dynamic prompts. When you right-click after selecting dynamic input, you can select any input according to your requirement.
What does F5 do in AutoCAD?
Function Key Reference
|F5||Isoplane||Cycles through 2D isoplane settings.|
|F6||Dynamic UCS (AutoCAD only)||Turns automatic UCS alignment with planar surfaces on and off.|
|F7||Grid display||Turns the grid display on and off.|
|F8||Ortho||Locks cursor movement to horizontal or vertical.|
What is mirror in AutoCAD?
The mirror command in AutoCAD is used to create a copy (mirror copy) of the selected object. We can also delete the source object after mirroring the object. The objects that represent the same as the half of their object can be mirrored across a center line to create the other half of the object.
How do I get rid of F1 in AutoCAD?
To redefine the F1 key,
- Right-click a toolbar and click Customize or enter CUI on the command line. …
- In the Command List, right-click the Cancel command. …
- Right-click the new command. …
- In the Rename Command dialog box, enter F1 Cancel Command in the name field.
- Drag the new command into the Shortcut Keys section.
What is drawing area in AutoCAD?
A drawing area is a rectangular area that supports drawing into, receiving input from (mouse clicks, mouse motion and keypresses) and redisplay requests from X. You can draw any sort of graphics into a drawing area as well as perform various types of interaction with mouse and keyboard input.
How do I change to F1 in AutoCAD?
Under Properties, in the lower right-hand corner, click the Keys line and click the Small button. In the Shortcut Keys dialog box, click the lower line and press the F1 key. The F1 key should appear on the lower line. Click Assign.