How does split line work solidworks?
tool projects an entity (sketch, solid, surface, face, plane, or surface spline) to surfaces, or curved or planar faces. It divides a selected face into multiple separate faces. You can split curves on multiple bodies with one command.
How do you split in Solidworks?
Split and Save Bodies
- Click Split (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Split.
- In the PropertyManager, set the options. …
- Under Resulting Bodies, select the bodies to save under , or click Auto-assign Names. …
- Double-click the body name under File, type a name for the new part in the dialog box, then click Save. …
- Click .
How do you insert a split line?
To create a projection split line:
- Click Split Line. (Curves toolbar) or Insert > Curve > Split Line.
- In the PropertyManager, under Type of Split, select Projection.
- Under Selections, click: A sketch for Sketch to Project. . You can select multiple contours from the same sketch to split. …
- Click . Before. After.
How do you divide a line into equal parts in SolidWorks?
To split a sketch entity:
- In an open sketch, click Split Entities. (Sketch toolbar) or Tools > Sketch Tools > Split Entities . …
- Click the sketch entity at the location where you want the split to occur. The sketch entity splits into two entities, and a split point is added between the two sketch entities.
How do you split a tube in Solidworks?
Splitting a Route
- Click Split Route. (Electrical, Piping, Tubing and Routing Tools Toolbars) .
- While editing the route, right-click a route sketch entity and select Split Route.
How do I project a line in Solidworks?
To project a curve: Click Project Curve on the Curves toolbar, or Insert > Curve > Projected. Use this selection to project a sketched curve onto a model face. Under Sketch to Project , select the curve in the graphics area or from the flyout FeatureManager design tree.