Can you crop images in Solidworks?
You can drag and resize images in the graphics area. You can control position, size, rotation, and transparency of images in the Sketch Picture PropertyManager.
How do I cut an image in Solidworks?
Click Convert to Cut (2D to 3D toolbar), or click Tools > Sketch Tools > 2D to 3D > Cut, and click in the graphics area to establish the direction of the cut. The Cut-Extrude PropertyManager appears. Edit the properties in the Base Extrude PropertyManager.
How do you crop an object in Solidworks?
Click Cut With Surface on the Features toolbar, or click Insert > Cut > With Surface. In the PropertyManager, under Surface Cut Parameters, select the surface or plane to use to cut the solid bodies. Examine the preview. If necessary, click Flip cut to reverse the direction of the cut.
How do I edit a picture in Solidworks?
To edit the picture: Double-click the picture and edit the values in the PropertyManager. Search ‘Editing Sketch Pictures’ in the SOLIDWORKS Knowledge Base.
How do I move a sketch image in Solidworks?
You can drag and resize images in the graphics area. You can control position, size, rotation, and transparency of images in the Sketch Picture PropertyManager. To open the PropertyManager and enable dragging, double-click the image.
How do I edit a cropped view in Solidworks?
Editing a Crop View
- Right-click the drawing view in the graphics area or in the FeatureManager design tree and select Crop View > Edit Crop.
- Edit the profile.
- Click Rebuild. to update the view.
How do I crop a sketch in Solidworks?
Inserting and Resizing Sketch Pictures
- Place the left end of the scale tool at one end of the picture. …
- Drag the right end of the scale tool to extend the length of the line. …
- In the Modify dialog box for dimensions, enter a value for the desired measurement and click .
How do you scale a sketch in Solidworks?
To scale a sketch:
- In an active sketch, click Modify Sketch. (Sketch toolbar) or Tools > Sketch Tools > Modify.
- In the dialog box, under Scale About, select one of the following: Option. Description. Sketch origin. …
- Type a value for Factor, and press Enter. You cannot scale a sketch that has external references.
- Click Close.
How do you trim a surface in Solidworks?
To trim a surface: Create two or more surfaces that intersect at one or more points, or create a surface that intersects with a plane or has a sketch on its face. Click Trim Surface on the Surfaces toolbar, or click Insert > Surface > Trim.
How do I create a crop view?
Crop a View
- If the view is not cropped, On the View Control Bar, click (Crop View).
- If the view is cropped, but the crop region is not visible, click (Show Crop Region) on the View Control Bar.
- Resize the crop region as necessary by using the drag control or setting the size explicitly.
How do I cut part of a Solidworks assembly?
To create an assembly feature cut:
- Open a sketch on a face or plane, and sketch a profile of the cut. …
- Click Extruded Cut or Revolved Cut (Features toolbar), or click Insert > Assembly Feature > Cut , then Extrude or Revolve.
- Set the options as needed in the Extrude or Revolve PropertyManager.
How can I edit a photo in sketch?
Editing Bitmap Images
To use them, select an image on your Canvas and then double-click on it to enter the editing mode. From there, you can choose from two tools in the Inspector: Selection. : Lets you select a rectangular area on the image.
How do I insert an image in Solidworks 2019?
To insert a picture into a drawing:
- Click Sketch Picture. (Sketch toolbar) or Insert > Picture.
- In the Open dialog box, browse to an image file, then click Open.
- Select options in the Sketch Picture PropertyManager, then click. .
How do I insert an image into a Solidworks assembly?
Navigate to and click on the JPG picture that you want to insert. Click the “Open” button. The JPG image is inserted at the specified location in the SolidWorks document. The Sketch Picture window opens in the Sketch toolbar when the JPG picture is inserted.