How do I create a custom property in SOLIDWORKS?
To add custom properties:
- Click in the first blank cell under Property Name, then type a name or choose one from the list.
- Select a Type from the list. …
- Under Value / Text Expression, enter a value for the custom property that is compatible with the selection in the Type cell. …
- Press Tab or Enter.
How do I create a custom property template in SOLIDWORKS?
How to add SOLIDWORKS Part Template File Properties
- Find where they are saved and drag/drop them into SOLIDWORKS.
- Or within SOLIDWORKS press Ctrl + O, find where they are saved and click open.
How do I edit a custom property table in SOLIDWORKS?
To edit custom properties:
- Click Edit List on the Custom tab of the Summary Information dialog box. The Edit Custom Property List dialog box shows a list of properties.
- In the list, you can add or delete properties, or move the properties up or down.
How do you create a property tab builder in SOLIDWORKS?
In the SOLIDWORKS software, on the SOLIDWORKS Resources tab of the Task Pane, click Property Tab Builder . From the Windows Start menu, click All Programs > SOLIDWORKS version > SOLIDWORKS Tools > Property Tab Builder version . In the SOLIDWORKS software, on the Custom Properties tab in the Task Pane, click Create now.
How do I get material properties in SOLIDWORKS?
Document Properties – Material Properties
- In a part document, click Options or Tools > Options.
- On the Document Properties tab, click Material Properties.
- Type the material density in the Density box. …
- Under Area Hatch/Fill, select from the following: …
- If you select Hatch, do the following: …
- Click OK.
How do you show property managers in SOLIDWORKS?
The PropertyManager appears on the PropertyManager tab in the panel to the left of the graphics area. It opens when you select entities or commands defined in the PropertyManager. You can choose whether it opens in other cases in Tools > Options > System Options > General .
How do I create a template in SOLIDWORKS?
To create a template:
- Click New (Standard toolbar) or File > New.
- Double-click the type of template that you want to create: Part, Assembly, or Drawing.
- Click Options (Standard toolbar) or Tools > Options.
- On the Document Properties tab, select options to customize your new document template, then click OK.
How do I add a description to a part in SOLIDWORKS?
To change a feature description in a part or assembly document:
- Right-click the feature in the FeatureManager design tree and select Feature Properties.
- In the dialog box, edit the text in Description, then click OK.
How do I create a HubSpot property?
Create custom properties
- In your HubSpot account, click the settings settings icon in the main navigation bar.
- In the left sidebar menu, navigate to Properties.
- In the Select an object section, click the dropdown menu and select [object] properties for the object you want to create a property for.
How do I change the properties of a part in SOLIDWORKS?
To edit custom properties: Click Edit List on the Custom tab of the Summary Information dialog box.
Editing the List of Custom Properties
- Add. Type a name in the box and click Add.
- Delete. Select a property from the list and click Delete.
- Move Up. …
- Move Down.
How do you link properties in SOLIDWORKS drawing?
Easy Way to Link Properties to a SOLIDWORKS Drawing
- Empty Title Block fields to be filled in with Custom Properties from the Part file. …
- Edit Sheet Format. …
- Using Link to Property to show the Custom Property in the Note. …
- Material and Weight fields are complete.
How do you change created in SOLIDWORKS?
1 Answer. You can’t change the date/time of creating the file. You also can’t change/remove the designer’s name. All you can do is just make another copy (Save As) and it’ll be with your details.
What is the name of the tab you use for SolidWorks simulation?
Clicking a Simulation study tab displays the corresponding Simulation study tree. To view details about a study: Click its Simulation study tab to display its study tree.
What is a Prtprp file?
PRTPRP is a file extension commonly associated with SolidWorks Part Custom Properties Tab Template files. SolidWorks Part Custom Properties Tab Template format was developed by SolidWorks Corporation. PRTPRP files are supported by software applications available for devices running Windows.
How do you add materials in BOM SolidWorks?
To insert a bill of materials:
- With a drawing view selected, click Insert > Tables > Excel Based Bill of Materials.
- In the dialog box, select an Excel template for the BOM and click Open. …
- In the Bill of Materials Properties dialog box, select properties from the Configuration, Contents, and Control tabs.
- Click OK.