How do you delete a break view in Solidworks?
To delete a model break view or break step:
- In the ConfigurationManager, right-click the model break view or break step and click Delete.
- In the dialog box, click Yes. You can undo the deletion of a model break. If you undo a model break view deletion, use Show Model Break View to restore the view in the graphics area.
How do I get rid of break view?
First you right click the view and choose un-break view in the menu.
- You can then remove break lines by marking them and pressing Delete or move them as requiered.
- Then you right click the view and choose Break view.
What is a break view in Solidworks?
You can use a break (or interrupted) view in a drawing. Break views make it possible to display the drawing view in a larger scale on a smaller size drawing sheet. You create a gap or break in the view using a pair of break lines.
How do you crop a view in Solidworks?
To crop a view:
- In a drawing view, sketch a closed profile such as a circle.
- Click Crop View. (Drawing toolbar), or click Insert > Drawing View > Crop. The view outside the profile disappears. A circle is drawn on this Section View. After cropping, only the view inside the circle is displayed.
How do you break an isometric view in Solidworks?
Model Break Views Within Drawings
- In the Drawing View PropertyManager, under Reference Configuration, select Show in exploded or model break state.
- Right-click the drawing view and click Properties. In the dialog box, in Configuration information, select Show in exploded or model break state, and click OK.
What is a removed section view?
The removed section view is a zero-thickness slice through the model showing only cut edges and hatching perpendicular to the cutting line. That’s different than the traditional section view, which is projected parallel to the cutting line.
Why is it the material is removed in broken-out section?
Material is removed to a specified depth to expose inner details. Specify the depth by setting a number or by selecting geometry in a drawing view. If you create a broken-out section of an exploded view, you cannot collapse the exploded view.
How do I align a section view in Solidworks?
You can pre-select sketch entities that belong to the drawing sheet to create aligned section views. The sketch entities do not have to belong to an existing drawing view. To create an aligned section view: Click Aligned Section View on the Drawing toolbar, or click Insert, Drawing View, Aligned Section.
What is an auxiliary view in Solidworks?
An Auxiliary View is similar to a Projected View, but it is unfolded normal to a reference edge in an existing view. You can create an auxiliary view of an exploded assembly view. You can use sketched lines for folding.
How do you make a foreshortened dimension in Solidworks?
To set a document-level default for the foreshortened style, with a drawing open, click Tools > Options > Document Properties > Dimensions > Linear and under Foreshortened, select a style. You can also specify to automatically foreshorten a linear dimension when the geometry of one end is outside the drawing view.
How do you break a dimension line in Solidworks?
On the Leaders tab of the respective PropertyManager, under Break Lines:
- Select Break extension lines to break extension lines around dimension lines and other extension lines.
- Select Break dimension line to break the dimension line around other dimension lines and other extension lines.