How do I share a Revit file?
- Open the project file (RVT) to use as the central model.
- Click Collaborate tab Manage Collaboration panel (Worksets). …
- If desired, rename the worksets.
- In the Worksharing dialog, click OK. …
- In the Worksets dialog, click OK. …
- Click Save As (Project).
How do I share a Revit model with a client?
Drop a Revit model into its browser window to open the model for viewing. Then share a link to the file (where it is stored for 30 days) or start a live session for real-time review of the model.
How do I export a Revit file?
Export to DWG or DXF
- Click File tab Export CAD Formats (DWG) or (DXF).
- In the DWG (or DXF) Export dialog, for Select Export Setup, select the desired setup. …
- Select the views and sheets to export. …
- If you are ready to export, click Next. …
- In the Export CAD Formats dialog, do the following: …
- Click OK.
Can you zip Revit files?
Autodesk Revit files are essentially compressed files. Using 7-Zip you can extract the contents of a non-corrupt model and examine its last saved location. You can also see the version and build that was used to save to file.
How do I email a Revit model?
To send a model with the attached files that are in Revit Host model, follow the steps below:
- From Revit 2018 version forward, eTransmit for Autodesk Revit is a built-in component.
- Ensure that all models are closed.
- Go to Add-Ins tab > eTransmit panel > Transmit a Model.
How do I save a Revit model without sheets?
Go to a 3D view, turn on everything you want to bring out to the new file. Use a section box if you need to scope out the saving area. Select all and make a group. Save the group to a new RVT file.
How do I open an RVT file without Revit?
Autodesk Viewer lets you open the RVT file without having Revit or AutoCAD on your computer. The same tool supports similar formats as well, like DWG, STEP, etc., and makes sharing the RVT file easy. RVT file open in Autodesk Viewer.
How do I view Revit models without Revit?
You have the following options to view a Revit model without Revit:
- Use the free online A360 Viewer.
- Download the free Design Review 2013 and export the Revit model as a DWF.
- Use the Revit viewer mode. …
- If you have Navisworks, you can open the Revit file in Navisworks, then save as an NWD file.
How do I save a Revit File as a PDF?
Print to PDF
- Click File tab (Print).
- In the Print dialog, for Name, select your PDF print driver. …
- Click Properties.
- In the Properties dialog, define settings for the PDF print driver as desired, and click OK.
- To print only the sheet or view in the drawing area: …
- To print multiple views and sheets:
Can I import a Revit File into AutoCAD?
No it’s not directly possible. You will need to export the rvt file to a dwg.
How do I compress a Revit file to email?
Looking for a way to reduce the file size of your Revit project file (. rvt)? The trick is to use the File–>Save As button. In the Options there is a checkbox called “Compact File”.
How do I send a large file in Revit?
On the eTransmit panel of the Add-Ins tab, click Transmit a model. Choose the model(s) to transmit: Click Browse Model, and navigate to the location of the Revit model you want to transmit. Click Browse folders, and navigate to the folder that contains the Revit models you want to transmit.
Why is my Revit file so large?
Every BIM manager needs to monitor this statistic for every Revit file they manage. If a file grows too large it either means that something is going wrong on the project, or it means that something is about to go wrong.