Can you auto explode in Solidworks?
With an assembly open, select the components that you want to explode in the graphics area or FeatureManager design tree and click Exploded View . In the PropertyManager, select Auto-space components on drag. Use the handle in the graphics area to move all the components.
How do you explode a drawing in Solidworks?
Creating an exploded line sketch in SOLIDWORKS – Method one
The quickest way is to use the ‘insert/edit smart explode lines’. Simply click and SOLIDWORKS creates the lines for you. Components can be omitted by right clicking on them in either the graphics area or in the property manager and selecting delete.
How do you explode and collapse in Solidworks?
In the ConfigurationManager tab , expand the configuration. Do one of the following: Double-click the Exploded View feature. Right-click the Exploded View feature, and click Explode or Collapse.
How do you explode parts in Solidworks?
To create an exploded view:
- Click Exploded View. (Assembly toolbar) or Insert > Exploded View.
- Select one or more solid bodies to include in the first explode step. …
- Drag a triad arm to explode the solid bodies. …
- Under Settings, click Done. …
- Create more explode steps as needed, then click .
How do you explode sub assemblies in Solidworks?
To use an exploded view from a subassembly:
- In an assembly, select a subassembly that has an exploded view.
- In the PropertyManager, click Reuse Subassembly Explode. The subassembly explodes in the graphics area, and the steps of the exploded view from the subassembly appear under Explode Steps.
How do you explode an assembly drawing?
Exploded Views in Drawings
- Insert a model view of the assembly using the orientation needed for the exploded view. For details, see Model View.
- Right-click the drawing view and click Properties.
- In the Drawing View Properties dialog box, under Configuration information, select Show in exploded or model break state.
What is exploded view in Solidworks?
While an assembly is exploded, you cannot add mates to the assembly. You create exploded views by selecting and dragging parts in the graphics area, creating one or more explode steps. You can copy exploded views from the active configuration to other configurations.
How do you hide Explode lines in Solidworks?
To dissolve all smart explode lines: On the ConfigurationManager tab, expand the active configuration. Expand the ExplView feature. Right-click the 3DExplode sketch and click Dissolve Smart Explode Lines .
How do I edit smart Explode lines in Solidworks?
To edit smart explode lines:
- On the ConfigurationManager tab, expand the active configuration.
- Right-click the ExplView feature and click Edit Smart Explode Lines .
- In the Smart Explode Lines PropertyManager, modify the options for the smart explode lines.
- Click .
How do you animate an Exploded View in Solidworks?
To animate the exploding and collapsing of the view, do one of the following:
- Right-click Exploded View , and click Animate explode or Animate collapse. …
- Use the Animation Wizard for full control over the duration of each step during the animation.
How do you Exploded View in Solidworks 2020?
You create exploded views by selecting and dragging parts in the graphics area, creating one or more explode steps. You can copy exploded views from the active configuration to other configurations. You can use smart explode lines to automatically create explode lines in an exploded view.
Where are exploded views saved in Solidworks?
To do this, we can use Exploded Views in SOLIDWORKS. The Exploded View function is located on the CommandManager in the Assembly tab.
How do I edit an Exploded View in Solidworks 2020?
To edit an explode step:
- To open the Explode PropertyManager: Right-click Exploded View and click Edit Feature. …
- Reposition the components: To move a component along its axis, drag the handle . …
- Update the options in the PropertyManager: Select components to add to the step. …
- Click Undo to undo changes.
- Click Done.