Can you edit a DWG file in Revit?
It is possible to import a DWG file into Revit and then “explode” it there and make changes. You could than “Export” the file back to DWG. So it is technically possible to “edit” a DWG but it is a bit more involved than opening, changing, and saving.
Is AutoCAD compatible with Revit?
AutoCAD and Revit are interoperable and can be used together. They are commonly used together to incorporate designs created in AutoCAD within a Revit project.
How do I export multiple sheets from AutoCAD to Revit?
Can I export multiple views or sheets in Revit? Yes you can. On exporting to AutoCAD or DWF, “R”>Export>CAD Formats, on the Export option, change this to “In session views/sheet set”, under show in list, choose the views to export by ticking the relevant views.
How do I export a DWG file from AutoCAD?
Saving in AutoCAD file format
- On [File] menu, click [Export] – [Export to DXF File] / [Export to DWG File]. [Export] dialog box will be displayed.
- Select a saving location.
- Enter a file name in [File Name] box.
- Click [Save] button. The drawing created in RootPro CAD will be saved as an AutoCAD drawing file.
Where are Revit imported CAD files?
Start Ideate Explorer. Expand the list underneath the CAD Imports or CAD Links category. Select the checkbox next to an individual CAD Import or CAD Link and right-click to select Show Elements. Ideate Explorer will attempt to find a View where the CAD file is visible.
How do I scale an imported CAD file in Revit?
Scaling for Imported CAD Files
- Select the imported CAD file and click Modify |
tab Properties panel (Type Properties). Note: SAT and 3DM files can’t be scaled.
- In the Type Properties dialog, modify Import Units or Scale Factor. If you change the import units, the scale factor automatically updates. …
- Click OK.
Should I use Revit or AutoCAD?
A good way to look at the benefits of each tool is AutoCAD is great for 2D drawing, where only precise line work is needed, such as elevation detail drawings. Revit is great for modeling, generating cost schedules, collaboration and change management. In the industry of design and construction, competition is fierce.
Is AutoCAD Architecture better than Revit?
Reviewers felt that Revit meets the needs of their business better than AutoCAD Architecture. When comparing quality of ongoing product support, reviewers felt that AutoCAD Architecture is the preferred option. For feature updates and roadmaps, our reviewers preferred the direction of Revit over AutoCAD Architecture.
Is CAD the same as AutoCAD?
AutoCAD is a brand name of CAD software. Computer-aided design, or CAD, is designed to take basic geometric shapes and manipulate them into a specific design. CAD applications are computer-driven, allowing designers to collaborate from anywhere in the world via the Internet.
How do I export a sheet in Revit?
To create or modify view/sheet sets, first open the related Export dialog: click File tab Export CAD Formats, and select the desired format for export. Use the following tools in the Export dialog.
Note: Click a column header to sort the list.
- Include. Exports the view to the output file.
- Type. …
How do I export a view in Revit?
Export a View to an Image File
- Click File tab Export Images and Animations (Image).
- In the Export Image dialog, click Change to change the default path and file name for the image, if desired.
- Under Export Range, indicate the images to export: …
- Under Image Size, specify image display properties:
How do you save a sheet in Revit?
Under Print Range, select Selected Views/Sheets. Click Select. In the View/Sheet Set dialog, select the views and sheets to print to PDF, and click OK. Under File, to generate a single PDF file that contains all of the selected views and sheets, select Combine Multiple Selected Views/Sheets into a Single File.