How do I view my AutoCAD profile?
To test if the profile is able to be launched correctly:
- Launch AutoCAD by double-clicking the acad.exe program file found here: C:Program FilesAutodeskAutoCAD 20xxacad.exe. …
- In AutoCAD, select the custom profile in Options.
- Exit and relaunch AutoCAD the same way to see if it goes back to the default or not.
How do I move my AutoCAD profile to a new computer?
To import the profile to another computer
- Take the ARG file or make it accessible to the next computer you want to configure.
- Start AutoCAD.
- Enter options on the command line.
- In the Options dialog box, click the Profiles tab.
- Click Import, browse to the location of the ARG file, and select it.
- Click Open.
How do you create a profile in CAD?
Create a Custom Profile for AutoCAD 2014
- Click the Application Menu (the big red A in the upper-left corner of the AutoCAD screen) and choose Options. …
- Click the Profiles tab in the Options dialog box.
- Click < >, or on Vanilla if < > doesn’t exist.
How do I change my profile in CAD?
On the Windows desktop, right-click the AutoCAD icon, and click Properties. In the Properties dialog box, click the Shortcut tab and in the Target text box, at the end, enter /p followed by the name of the profile that you want AutoCAD to use when it starts.
What is a CAD profile?
Your AutoCAD profile contains two main groups of settings: The position and status of your ribbons and toolbars – that is, where they are on your screen and whether they are turned on or off. (Note that these values may be different from the values in your CUI.) The settings you configure in the CAD Options dialog box.
How do I change my profile view?
In Toolspace, on the Settings tab, do one of the following: Right-click the Profile or Profile View collection and click Edit Feature Settings. In the Profile or Profile View collection, open the Commands folder, right-click the command for which you want to change settings.
How do I change the default profile in AutoCAD?
On the Windows desktop, right-click the AutoCAD icon, and click Properties. In the Properties dialog box, click the Shortcut tab and in the Target text box, at the end, enter /p followed by the name and path of the profile (filename. arg) that you want AutoCAD to use when it starts.
How do I change settings in AutoCAD?
How to select options and specify preferences for general drawing settings.
- Click Application button > Options.
- In the Options dialog box, click a tab and set options as desired.
- Save the settings: To save the settings and keep working in the dialog box, click Apply.
How do I export my profile?
To export profiles:
- From Home, click Applications, and then Profiles.
- OnProfiles, select Actions, and then Export. …
- In Export Profiles, select: …
- Click Export.
- Click Open or Save to save the file to your hard drive.
- In Export Profiles, click Close.
Can you export AutoCAD settings?
When the migration of settings is complete, export these settings from the new version of AutoCAD: Windows 10 and 8.1: Start > AutoCAD 20xx > Export AutoCAD 20xx Settings. Windows 7 and XP: Start > All Programs > Autodesk > AutoCAD 20xx > Migrate Custom Settings > Export AutoCAD Settings.
What is an ARG file in AutoCAD?
Settings file used by AutoCAD, a 2D and 3D CAD drafting application; contains backed up user profile information (application options data) that was stored in the system registry; can be exported and imported to transfer settings between computers; can also be migrated between versions of AutoCAD.