How do you duplicate a surface in Civil 3D?
To Copy a Surface
- In the drawing area, select the surface, right-click, click Basic Modify Tools Copy. …
- Pick an insertion point in the drawing area. …
- To edit the name of the surface, right-click the surface in the Prospector tree and click Properties. …
- Enter a new name in the Name field.
How do I delete duplicates in Civil 3D?
To Delete Duplicate Objects
- Click Home tab Modify panel Delete Duplicate Objects. Find.
- At the Select Objects prompt, use a selection method to select objects.
- Press Enter.
- Optional: Specify a Tolerance value. Select properties to ignore during object comparison.
Can you copy a surface in Civil 3D?
To copy a surface (DTM) in Civil 3D, select the surface and then right-click. In the pop-up menu select BASIC MODIFY TOOLS, then select COPY.
How do you find duplicates in Autocad?
Select Visualisation tab > Model panel > Find Duplicates.
Use the Find Duplicates dialog to check for duplicate objects:
- Model — This displays the name of the model to find duplicates objects in. …
- Examine selected items only — Select this option to find duplicates only in the objects which are currently selected.
What is eg surface in Civil 3D?
Surfaces are essential to just about anything done in AutoCAD Civil 3D. Often existing Surfaces are created and referenced into design drawings, for grading, corridor creation, etc. Existing surfaces are usually named EG (Existing Ground) or OG (Original Ground).
What is hatching command?
The Hatch command in AutoCAD is used to fill patterns inside an enclosed area. The patterns are hatched, gradient, and solid fill. The gradient patterns are defined as a smooth transition between two colors.
How do you delete extra lines in AutoCAD?
The easiest way to trim objects in AutoCAD 2016 is to use the “Trim” command located on the Modify panel.
- First, select the objects you want to trim. …
- Right click on the blank space to finalize the selection.
- Left click on the lines to trim them.
How do I delete overlapping 3D objects in AutoCAD?
AutoCAD has a great feature for removing doubled up or overlapping lines. Choose Delete Duplicate Objects from the Modify menu or type Overkill the command line. Please note that if you have overlapping lines in an array or object the overkill command might not pick them up.
How do I find duplicate polylines in AutoCAD?
Access the OVERKILL command and select objects to check for duplicate geometry. Press [Enter] to display the Delete Duplicate Objects dialog box.