How do you annotate in Catia v5?
Annotations can be made to a 3D part through, for example, the Text with Leader tool, within the Part Design workbench Annotations toolbar. Additionally, these can be viewed parallel to the screen by going to their Properties and Display tab, once an annotation has been placed into the model.
How do you edit text in Catia?
Editing Text Properties
- Select the annotation you just created. …
- Select the Edit-> Properties command. …
- Click the Text tab. …
- Click the More switch button to check if extra options are available.
- Modify the available options as required.
How do I add a template to Catia v5?
select File >> Page Setup to enter the “Page Setup” dialog. Within this dialog select Insert Background View. This will open the “Insert elements into a sheet” dialog box. From this dialog browse to the file containing the background you want and select Insert.
How do I get bom in Catia v5?
From the background ( Edit > Background ), click Insert Bill of Material in the Drawing toolbar ( Bill Of Material sub-toolbar) and select the source product from the specification tree in the 3D window. Click in the drawing to indicate where you want to position the Bill of Material.
How do you add annotations in Catia?
You will get something like that:
- Click Annotation Set in the Deviation Check toolbar. …
- Click Annotation in the Deviation Check toolbar. …
- If necessary, select the annotation set to which you want to add annotations. …
- If the annotation set is void, select the Deviation Analysis on which you want to create annotations:
How do you add geometric tolerance in Catia?
Specifying Leader Orientation
- Either go to Tools > Options > Mechanical Design > Drafting > Annotation and Dress-up tab and check Snap by default (SHIFT toggles) . …
- Or go to Tools > Options > Mechanical Design > Drafting > Annotation and Dress-up tab and check Geometrical tolerance in Annotation Creation .
How do I change annotations in Catia?
Editing Annotation Font Properties
- Double-click the text to switch it to edit mode.
- Select the whole text (you can also select only part of the text) and then select Edit> Properties . You can also right-click the selected text, then choose Properties .
- In the Properties dialog box that appears, select the Font tab.
How do I edit a drawing in Catia?
Open the GenDrafting_part. CATDrawing document. Select Edit > Links .
Editing drawing links with the reference document not loaded
- use the Load button to load parts (and parts only) that are not loaded. …
- use the Replace button to replace the selected link with another one.
How do you draw on Catia v5?
Creating a New Drawing
- From the menu bar, select Start > Mechanical Design .
- Select the Drafting workbench. …
- Select the views to be automatically created on your drawing from the New Drawing Creation dialog box, for example the Front, Bottom and Right icon.
- Click OK .
How do I import a drawing template into Catia?
whenever u need to make drawing of any part, go to drawing mode of that part & call your own created drawing template By file>import>part file.
How do you add a frame and title block in Catia?
Creating a Frame and a Title Block
- Select Edit > Sheet Background from the menu bar.
- Click Frame and Title Block in the Drawing toolbar. …
- Choose a macro from the Style of title block drop-down list. …
- Select the action you want to perform in the Action list. …
- Click OK in the Manage Frame and Title Block dialog box.
How do you make balloons in Catia v5?
generate balloons in the active view.
Insert a Bill of Material
- Select Insert > Generation > Bill Of Material > Bill of Material .
- Click in the drawing sheet to specify where the Bill of Material should be inserted. …
- Optionally zoom the drawing to take a closer look at the balloons and/or the Bill of Material.
How do I edit a bill of materials in Catia v5?
Modifying an Advanced Bill of Material
- Right-click the Bill of Material and select Properties . …
- Select the BOM Format tab. …
- Select the Reported Properties tab. …
- Add more properties Material and Weight .
- Reorder the properties as shown using the up and down arrows and click OK . …
- Select Edit > Working Views .
What is BOM cost?
Bills of material (BOM) calculations use data from several sources to calculate the standard costs of a manufactured item. The sources include information about items, bills routings, indirect cost calculation formulas, and the costing version.