How do you scale a drawing in Solidworks?
To scale a sketch:
- In an active sketch, click Modify Sketch. (Sketch toolbar) or Tools > Sketch Tools > Modify.
- In the dialog box, under Scale About, select one of the following: Option. Description. Sketch origin. …
- Type a value for Factor, and press Enter. You cannot scale a sketch that has external references.
- Click Close.
How do I change the length of a line in Solidworks?
In an open sketch, do one of the following:
- To change the length of the line, select one of the endpoints and drag to lengthen or shorten the line.
- To move the line, select the line and drag the line to another position.
- To change the angle of a line, select an endpoint and drag to a different angle.
How do I stretch a line in Solidworks?
Stretching Sketch Entities
- Click Base point. and then click on the sketch to set a base point.
- Drag to stretch the sketch entities. When you release, the entities stretch to that point and the PropertyManager closes.
How do you scale text in Solidworks?
To set a custom text scale:
- Click Tools > Options > Document Properties > Detailing . …
- In the dialog box, clear Always display text at the same size.
- In Text scale, select Custom.
- In the two fields, enter the first and second value of the custom scale.
How do I add a scale to a label in Solidworks?
In a drawing, click Options (Standard toolbar) or Tools > Options. On the Document Properties tab, expand View Labels and click Orthographic. Select Show label if view scale differs from sheet scale. Click OK.
How do I shorten a section line in Solidworks?
Right-click on an existing section view or its cutting line and click Edit Cutting Line. For some complex section views created with SOLIDWORKS 2013, you must select an insertion point before you can modify them.
How do I change the length of a sketch in Solidworks?
Do one of the following:
- Drag the dimension handles to modify the position of the sketch contours. A ruler appears. Use on-screen rulers to precisely measure modifications.
- Click the dimension value and enter the new dimension in the dimension input box.
How do you use the Flex feature in Solidworks?
To create Flex features, click Flex (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Flex, set the PropertyManager options, and click .
Repositioning the Triad and Trim Planes
- Select a coordinate system feature .
- Change the Rotation Origin. , …
- Change the Rotation Angle , , or to rotate the triad around these axes.
How do I use the Deform tool in Solidworks?
To open the Deform PropertyManager with Surface Push options:
- Click Deform. on the Features toolbar, or click Insert > Features > Deform.
- In the PropertyManager, under Deform Type, select Surface Push.
Where is sketch entities in Solidworks?
(Sketch toolbar) or Tools > Sketch Tools > Move. Click Copy Entities. (Sketch toolbar) or Tools > Sketch Tools > Copy. Right-click to display the Sketch shortcut menu, click Sketch Tools, and click Move Entities or Copy Entities.
How do you change the size of a part in Solidworks?
In a part document, click Scale (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Scale . Set options in the PropertyManager. The geometry of the model increases or decreases in size according to the scaling factors and other options you set. The Scale feature scales only the geometry of the model.
How do you change the size of a dimension in Solidworks?
To change a dimension:
- Double-click a dimension. The Modify dialog box appears.
- Change the dimension value with the arrows, thumbwheel , mouse wheel, or by typing in the dimension box. …
- Choose from: …
- Use the buttons as follows: