How do I hide the side panel in SOLIDWORKS?
You can select a task to set up from the Task sidebar or Task menu. To hide or show the sidebar, click View > Sidebar.
How do I show the Task Pane in SOLIDWORKS?
Open SOLIDWORKS and right click in the Menu bar. From the right click Command Manager menu select Task Pane. The Task Pane will appear on the right hand side of the graphics window.
How do I get my SOLIDWORKS toolbar back?
To display SOLIDWORKS toolbars:
- Right-click in the window border, click Toolbars, and select or clear a toolbar name.
- Click Tools > Customize. On the Toolbars tab, select the toolbars to display.
What are the commands in task pane in SOLIDWORKS?
|SOLIDWORKS Resources||Groups of commands for Getting Started, Community, and Online Resources, plus Tip of the Day.|
|Search||Results of search operations.|
|View Palette||Images of standard views, annotation views, section views, and flat patterns (sheet metal parts) to drag onto a drawing sheet.|
How do you hide an object in SOLIDWORKS?
Right-click the drawing view and select Properties. Select the Hide/Show Components tab. Select a component from either the drawing view or the FeatureManager design tree to add it to the list of items to be hidden. Click Apply to see the effect of your selection.
How do I move the Task Pane in SOLIDWORKS?
To float or dock the Task Pane:
- To float the Task Pane, drag it by the title bar into the graphics area.
- To dock the Task Pane when it is floating, click in the title bar.
How do I add PDM to task pane?
Activating the SOLIDWORKS PDM Add-in
- In SOLIDWORKS, click Tools > Add-ins and verify that SOLIDWORKS PDM is selected.
- Click the SOLIDWORKS PDM icon to open the Task Pane.
- In SOLIDWORKS, open or create a part, drawing, or assembly to view SOLIDWORKS PDM information for the file in the Task Pane.
How do I reset a layout in SOLIDWORKS?
To return all toolbar options to the system defaults, click Reset To Defaults. To specify which toolbars appear for part, assembly, or drawing documents: Open a part, assembly, or drawing document. Click Tools > Customize, or right-click in the window border and select Customize.
Where is feature manager in SOLIDWORKS?
The FeatureManager design tree on the left side of the SOLIDWORKS window provides an outline view of the active part, assembly, or drawing. This makes it easy to see how the model or assembly was constructed or to examine the various sheets and views in a drawing.
What are the Tools in SOLIDWORKS?
SOLIDWORKS tools you can use to create complex geometry include:
- Boundary Boss/Base (Features toolbar). …
- Deform (Features toolbar). …
- Indent (Features toolbar). …
- Flex (Features toolbar). …
- Wrap (Features toolbar). …
- Replace Face (Surfaces toolbar). …
- Intersection Curve (Sketch toolbar). …
- Composite Curve (Curves toolbar).
How do you mate in SOLIDWORKS?
To add a mate: Click Mate (Assembly toolbar), or click Insert > Mate. In the PropertyManager, under Mate Selections, select the entities that you want to mate together for Entities to Mate . You can temporarily hide faces to select an obscured face by hovering over a face and pressing Alt.
How do I add Tools in SOLIDWORKS?
Adding Tool Buttons to Toolbars
- With a document open, click Tools > Customize, or right-click in the window border and select Customize. …
- On the Commands tab, select a category. …
- Under Buttons, drag a tool button to any toolbar.
How do I minimize resources in SOLIDWORKS?
To show or hide the Task Pane:
- Click View > User Interface > Task Pane.
- Right-click above or below the graphics area and select or clear Task Pane.
How do I change the command manager in SOLIDWORKS?
To access the CommandManager:
- Click Tools > Customize.
- On the Toolbars tab, select Enable CommandManager.
- Click OK.
What is the graphics area in SOLIDWORKS?
The graphics area displays and lets you manipulate parts, assemblies, and drawings. A triad appears in part and assembly documents to help orient you when viewing models. You can also use it to change the view orientation.