What is a drafted part in Solidworks?
Draft tapers faces using a specified angle to selected faces in the model. One application is to make a molded part easier to remove from the mold. You can insert a draft in an existing part or draft while extruding a feature. You can apply draft to solid or surface models.
What is a step draft?
A step draft is a variation of a parting line draft. The step draft creates one face rotated about the plane used as the Direction of Pull. This results in small faces, representing the steps (highlighted in blue in the example below).
What is loft in Solidworks?
Loft creates a feature by making transitions between profiles. A loft can be a base, boss, cut, or surface. You create a loft using two or more profiles. Only the first, last, or first and last profiles can be points.
What is draft analysis?
The Draft Analysis command enables you to detect if the part you drafted will be easily removed. This type of analysis is performed based on color ranges identifying zones on the analyzed element where the deviation from the draft direction at any point, corresponds to specified values.
What is the parting line in injection molding?
A ‘parting line’ is the line of separation on the plastic part where the two halves of the plastic injection mold meet. The line actually indicates the parting ‘plane’ that passes through the part.
What does split line do in Solidworks?
The SOLIDWORKS Split Line tool is used to project an entity (sketch, solid, surface, face, plane, or surface spline) onto other surfaces or curved/planar faces. You are also able to split faces on multiple bodies with one command.
How do you choose a parting line for injection molding?
How To Choose Injection Molding Parting Line Right?
- The mould structure should be as simple as possible. …
- It is conducive to the smooth demoulding of plastic parts. …
- Ensure the dimensional accuracy of products. …
- Do not affect the appearance quality of the plastic injection molded product.
How do you cut a draft in Solidworks?
To draft a model face:
- Click Draft (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Draft.
- Set the options in the PropertyManager. Click Detailed Preview to preview the draft.
- Click OK .
What is neutral plane in Solidworks?
You can create a feature that tapers selected model faces by a specified angle, using a Neutral Plane to determine the direction of pull for creating molds. You can also use the DraftXpert to create, change, or remove neutral plane drafts.
How do I add a taper in Solidworks?
To extrude an entity with a taper angle:
- Click Solids > Draw > Extrude (or type Extrude).
- Specify the type of entities to create. Surface. …
- Specify the entities to extrude and press Enter.
- Specify the Taper angle option.
- Specify the taper angle and press Enter.
- Specify the extrusion height.
Where do you put a parting line?
The outer face is formed by one mold half (A-side), while the cup’s inner surface and brim will be formed by the other mold half (B-side). The parting line occurs along the outside edge of the brim of the cup.
What is parting surface in Mould?
A parting surface is a surface that separates the mold block into two parts – the core and the cavity.