Can Revit read point cloud?
Since Revit can only link indexed point clouds, you will need to initially use ReCap. Open ReCap, and then open the LobbyScan. rcp file. You can navigate around the view in ReCap similar to how you can in Revit.
How do I view a point cloud in Revit?
Switch to the South elevation view and select the point cloud. Next, click Move in the contextual ribbon, and then move the point cloud vertically so that the bottom aligns with Level 1. Be aware that Revit will snap to the points in the point cloud and will find an alignment line at the bottom.
How do I import point cloud?
To import point cloud data
- Click (Add File Data Source).
- Click Point Cloud.
- Navigate to the folder where files are stored and select the point cloud file. InfraWorks supports . LAS, . LAZ, RCS and RCP files. An RCS file is a single point cloud file that can incorporate multiple scan (LAS) files. …
- Click Open.
How do I convert point cloud to Revit?
Insert an indexed point cloud file into a Revit project. An . rcp format file is a project file that groups together multiple . rcs scan files.
Insert a Point Cloud File
- Open the Revit project.
- Click Insert tab Link panel (Point Cloud).
- Specify the file or files to link, as follows: …
- For Positioning, select:
What is the purpose of point cloud?
As the output of 3D scanning processes, point clouds are used for many purposes, including to create 3D CAD models for manufactured parts, for metrology and quality inspection, and for a multitude of visualization, animation, rendering and mass customization applications.
How do you make a 3D model from point cloud?
How to Create a 3D CAD Model Using Raw Point Cloud Data
- Step 1: Source hardware that can handle your point cloud dataset. …
- Step 2: Build your foundation with solid point cloud registration. …
- Step 3: Import registered point cloud data into CAD. …
- Bringing It All Together.
How do I convert point cloud to ArchiCAD?
How to import a Point Cloud into ArchiCAD
- In ArchiCAD, please go to a plan view, then File > Interoperability > Insert Point Clouds…
- Choose E57 File > Open > Create and Place > Place Point Cloud origin at Project Origin > Home Story – 0. …
- Select point cloud and open the object settings dialog.
What is point cloud in ArchiCAD?
ARCHICAD opens . xyz and . e57 file formats and converts them into objects, which can be placed on the Floor Plan or in the 3D window. The user can then align the building model to point clouds, on the Floor Plans, sections/ elevations and the 3D window. Point Clouds are not visible on any published output!
What is a point cloud in Revit?
Point cloud is a set of data points in a 3D coordinate system representing the external surface of an object or building including its geometry and color. 3D scanners are used to measure Point cloud data as a set of vector points, which are then converted to accurate parametric REVIT models.
What is the difference between RCP and RCS?
RCS files are scan files that contain the actual spatially indexed point cloud data. RCP files are project files that point to a number of RCS files and contain additional information such as scan regions, recorded distances, and annotations.
How do I import LAS files into Revit?
Go to Insert Tab → Select Point Cloud. In the Link to Point Cloud window, select the File Type Format . las from the dropdown menu and then the . las file from Nearmap → Open.