The Customize User Interface (CUI) in AutoCAD® Architecture allows you to tailor your drawing environment to suit your needs. Before you start customizing your own menus, toolbars, and workspaces, you should familiarize yourself with the customization environment.
What is a CUI file?
Files with the CUI extension are definition files for AutoCAD menus (since version 2006). These XML format files replace the original MNU, MNS, MNC menu definition files (MNR and MNL remain unchanged).
Where are AutoCAD CUI files saved?
The default location for CUIx files depends on the AutoCAD version. For example: AutoCAD: C:Users<user>AppDataRoamingAutodeskAutoCAD 20xxRxx.
What is AutoCAD interface?
Store commands that you frequently access in AutoCAD. … By default, you can access New, Open, Save, Plot, Undo, and Redo from the Quick Access toolbar. Add commands to the Quick Access toolbar using the shortcut menus of all commands on the ribbon, menu browser, and toolbars.
How do I import a CUI file into AutoCAD?
Enter CUI on the command line to open the Customize User Interface dialog box. On the Transfer tab, in the right panel, open the newly created CUI file. Select the workspace you want to import and drag the workspace into the Workspaces section of the Main CUI file in the left panel.
How do I open CUI files?
To load a main CUI file
- Click the Load Menu tool button ( ) on the Tools toolbar.
- Choose Load Menu in the Tools menu.
- Type menu in the command bar, then press Enter.
- Open the Customize dialog, then click the Browse button.
- Open the Customize dialog, then choose Load main CUI file … in the File menu.
How do I edit Cui in AutoCAD?
In the Customize User Interface Editor, Customize tab, Command List pane, select the command you wish to edit. You can also select the command you wish to edit in the Customizations In <file name> pane tree view. In the Properties Pane, enter a name for the command in the Name box.
How do I copy AutoCAD settings to another computer?
Import the settings into the new version of AutoCAD on the new computer:
- Windows 10 and 8.1: Start > AutoCAD 20xx > Import AutoCAD 20xx Settings.
- Windows 7 and XP: Start > All Programs > Autodesk > AutoCAD 20xx > Migrate Custom Settings > Import AutoCAD Settings.
Can you transfer AutoCAD from one computer to another?
How to transfer Autocad from one computer to another. Download Zinstall WinWin on both computers. … Run Zinstall WinWin on the old computer. Run Zinstall WinWin on the new computer.
How do I show the toolbar in AutoCAD 2018?
- To display the menu, click Quick Access Toolbar drop-down > Show Menu Bar.
- To display a toolbar, click Tools menu > Toolbars and select the required toolbar.
What are the parts of AutoCAD interface?
Understanding AutoCAD User Interface
- AutoCAD Interface.
- Application Menu. This is the first thing you see on launching AutoCAD, located in the far left corner at the top of the screen. …
- Quick Access Toolbar (QAT) This is next to the application menu at the top of the screen in the title bar. …
- Ribbon. …
- In-Editor elements. …
- Status Bar. …
- File Tabs. …
- Layout Tabs.
What are the components of AutoCAD?
- 2.1 Point.
- 2.2 Construction line tools.
- 2.3 Polyline.
- 2.4 Polygon.
- 2.5 Rectangle.
- 2.6 Arc.
- 2.7 Circle.
- 2.8 Spline.
What is a CAD package?
Computer-aided design software (CAD software) refers to a type of software program used by designers and engineers to create two-dimensional and three-dimensional models of physical components.
How do you import a workspace?
To import a workspace
- On the Home page, on the left panel, clickImport Workspace. In the opened dialog, select the desired workspace file and click Open.
- In Windows File Explorer, double-click the workspace file.
How do I load a workspace in AutoCAD?
Copy the CUIX file to the default location for the new AutoCAD version. Open the target version of AutoCAD.
- Expand the Workspaces header.
- Left-click and drag the workspace(s) to the menu under the Customizations in Main File header.
- Click Apply and OK to close the dialog box.
How do I create a classic workspace in AutoCAD?
Import the workspace from a previous version of AutoCAD
- From the Manage tab in the ribbon, click Import.
- In the customization editor, click the Transfer tab. …
- In the left pane, load the configuration file, acad. …
- From the workspace list in the left pane, drag AutoCAD Classic to the workspace list in the right pane.