How do I use envelopes in Solidworks?
Every existing part or assembly can be used as an envelope. You can even use virtual components.
To turn a model into an envelope:
- Open an assembly.
- Right-click a component (part or assembly) in the feature tree and select Properties.
- Set it as an envelope part in the bottom right corner.
What is an envelope part?
Assembly Design > Managing Large Assemblies > Envelopes > About Envelopes. About Envelopes. An envelope is a part created to represent a predetermined set of components (parts and subassemblies) in an assembly. The envelope uses simple geometry to reduce memory usage and looks similar to the components it represents.
How do I create an envelope in Solidworks?
Creating an Envelope from a Component
- In an assembly, right-click a component and click Component Properties .
- In the dialog box, select Envelope. Exclude from bill of materials also becomes selected, because envelopes are never included in the bill of materials.
- Click OK.
How do you delete an envelope in Solidworks?
To remove an assembly envelope:
- Select the envelope component in either the FeatureManager design tree or the graphics area. You can also select the Envelope feature in the ConfigurationManager.
- Press the Delete key or click Edit, Delete. Both the envelope component and the Envelope feature are deleted.
What does envelope on drawing mean?
The envelope requirement means that the maximum (or minimum) allowable size for a part must be within the same range (or out of the same range) as the maximum size (or minimum size).
What is envelope in drawing?
An Envelope Drawing is a solid representing all positions of an object that is the basic technical data and performance requirements for development or design selection of an item.
What is the back of an envelope?
Back. The back of the envelope, typically left blank, is where the flaps meet to form and seal the envelope.
What does the envelope hold?
It holds notes at the sustain level for a fixed length of time before decaying. … Another common variation in the same vein is the AHDSR (attack, hold, decay, sustain, release) envelope, in which the “hold” parameter controls how long the envelope stays at full volume before entering the decay phase.
What information goes on an envelope?
Addressing an Envelope
- Recipient’s name.
- Business’s name (if applicable)
- Street address (with apartment or suite number)
- City, State and ZIP code (on the same line)*
What is a bounding box in Solidworks?
With the Bounding Box tool in Reference Geometry, you can create a box that completely encloses a model within a minimum volume. You can create a bounding box for a multibody, single body, or sheet metal part.