To open and review models without an active license, you can run Revit in viewer mode. Revit Viewer is intended for reviewing models and printing views and sheets without the need for a software license or subscription.
Why does Revit Open in Viewer mode?
Causes: Product is using an expired license or has not been assigned a license. The Viewer Mode is designed to allow the opening and review of a Revit model without a license, and there is a separate shortcut to launch Revit in Viewer Mode. (When using this shortcut the warning above is displayed on product launch.)
How do I use viewer mode in Revit?
To use Revit Viewer, install Revit, and then do one of the following:
- From the Windows Start menu, select Revit Viewer.
- Create and use a desktop shortcut as follows, replacing ENU with the desired language code: “C:Program FilesAutodeskRevit2019Revit.exe” /viewer /language ENU.
How do I get out of viewer mode in Revit?
- Remove all files under C:Users
- Go to C:Users
AppDataLocalAutodeskWeb Services and delete the file LoginState. xml.
- Remove all files under C:ProgramDataAutodeskADUT.
- Go to C:ProgramDataFLEXnet and delete all files that start with adskflex.
What is Revit reader?
Journal files capture the actions taken by the software during a session of Revit, from the time the software starts to the time it stops. These text files can be used to troubleshoot technical problems with the software. Revit creates a new journal file each time you use the software.
Can I print from Revit viewer?
Printing to PDF is possible in viewer mode, but only if no editing of the project file has been performed prior to starting the plot.
Is Revit viewer free?
Autodesk have now released a great new file viewer, it is free, accepts over 50 file formats including Revit, and requires no software. … You can Share a link via email, upload a new version, or remove the file at any time.
How do I open a Revit file without Revit?
You have the following options to view a Revit model without Revit:
- Use the free online A360 Viewer.
- Download the free Design Review 2013 and export the Revit model as a DWF.
- Use the Revit viewer mode. …
- If you have Navisworks, you can open the Revit file in Navisworks, then save as an NWD file.
How do I view a Revit file?
To open a Revit file, use any of the following methods:
- Press CTRL+O .
- On the Home page, under Models or Families, click Open, or click a thumbnail image in the Recent Files list.
- Click File tab (Open).
- Click File tab (Open), and select a file type.
- Click File tab, and select a file from the Recent Documents list.
How do you open the BIM 360 Workshared Revit model in Revit viewer?
When you open a model, you can set options to audit the model for corrupt elements, detach the local model from a central workshared model, or create a new local copy of the central model. Use Revit Home to open a model from BIM 360 Document Management. On the Home page, under Models, click Open.
Can I delete Revit journal files?
If you encounter problems during a Revit session, your support provider may ask you to send the journal file and any backup files to help with the troubleshooting process. If you do not encounter problems during a session, the journal file is of little use and can be deleted.
Where is Revit backup files?
Backup copies of the non-workshared project will be saved in the Journals folder located at C:Users
How do you use journals in Revit?
Move the journal to the location where the main . RVT file is located. Drag and drop the journal file onto the Revit icon (Revit.exe) found on your desktop.