How do you cut parts in FreeCAD?
- Press the Part Slice button in the Part toolbar.
- Use the Part → Split → Slice to compound entry in the Part menu.
How do you cut a hole in an object in FreeCAD?
- Press the. Hole button.
- If an existing unused sketch is found, it will be used automatically. If more than one sketch is found, a Select feature panel appears to make a selection. …
- Define the Hole parameters, that are described in section Options.
- Press OK.
How do I ungroup in Freecad?
Select the Utilities →
Select Ungroup to move the objects out of the group(s) they are in. Select the group you want to move the objects to.
How do you get an active body in Freecad?
Double-click the Body in the tree view or open the context menu (right-click) and select Toggle active body to activate or deactivate the Body.
How do you use fasteners in Freecad?
- Go to: Edit → Preferences… → Fasteners → General settings → Toolbar screw icons grouping.
- Select one of the available options: None: All fasteners appear in a single toolbar. To see all available buttons use the >> button to expand it. …
- Restart FreeCAD.
How do you split lines in Freecad?
- Press the. Split edge button. …
- Click on the edge in the place where you want to split it.
- From the line and arc edges, two new will be created, connected at the point clicked. …
- Pressing Esc or pressing the right mouse button will terminate the function.
How do you split a mesh in Freecad?
- Press the. Mesh SplitComponents button.
- Select the Meshes → Split by components option from the menu.